Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Labyrinth Walk ...Need help please!! >

Labyrinth Walk ...Need help please!!

Labyrinth Walk ...Need help please!!

Old 10-26-2017, 02:40 AM
JAK

Well ladies first of all thank you so much for your feedback. I have finally found the problem. At some point I must have inadvertently hit my needle position button. It was positioned to the left. I always so to the right edge of my presser foot and that gives me my 1/4" seam. It was only a slight variance (1/8") but after you have joined that many squares it adds up of course. It wasn't even visible to me when I looked at it but once I started measuring my finished squares I noticed the mistake. So, I have taken all 5 squares completely apart and started all over again. I don't need to tell any of you quilters how frustrated I was trying to figure this out. Thank you again and happy quilting everyone.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:21 AM

Oh, man!
It is going to look marvelous, though.

Watson
Old 10-26-2017, 05:06 AM

So glad you figured it out. The finished product has a huge visual impact.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:37 AM
Power Poster

It's frustrating to have to rip things apart, but I'm so glad you're back on track to making this striking quilt. Be sure to post when you're done.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:45 AM

I just finished cutting out all the fabric for this quilt yesterday! I’m happy to see any posts about this pattern before I begin, since I try to stay out of the “unsewing” club. Been there way too many times, so I feel your pain.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:39 AM

Wow! What a pattern.

Marcia
Old 10-27-2017, 07:58 AM

I would put money on the fact that the instructions were incorrect. Once you move the top strip over a bit to the right, you will discover that both the top strip and the strip on the right side are both too long. I would probably try to remove the black triangle and reposition it down a bit. I would very definitely contact the pattern company and request any corrections and perhaps even a new pattern sheet. Please let us know how you work this out.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:18 PM

I have just finished this quilt and have had no problems with it, My pattern is dated 2013 . Maybe it is my cavalier sewing that made it all fit together easily .lol. It is a beautiful quilt.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:45 AM

There is a pattern correction. She has it on her website. I can't remember the address but it is printed on the pattern

Originally Posted by JAK View Post
So I have gone exactly step-by-step for this square and I have run into an issue and maybe it is because I have tried to analyze it for so long but I can't find my mistake. I am doing the Wall of Jericho square. Everything has gone perfect until these very last 2 pieces. Strip "D" on the very right side is too long to fit where it is supposed to be attached. I don't know what I have done wrong and am wondering if anyone else that has already made this pattern is able to see something I am not. This is the 18 1/2 inch strip and it cut according to the directions.

I am hoping I have attached my picture properly for you to see.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:10 PM

Move the top strip to the left, and the right side one should fit on up the right side of the top one.