Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
is this quilt worth quilting? >

is this quilt worth quilting?

is this quilt worth quilting?

Old 11-19-2017, 07:42 AM

I think you should quilt it!
Old 11-19-2017, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by mtkoldra View Post
Maybe from the very beginning my heart was not into making this quilt and this is what happens when I make blocks and then do not pay attention how I put them together.
I do not know what to think about this quilt. I, both like it and don't. It was made with a 'Poppy Celebration' fabric line, jelly roll. For the longest time I did not know what to do with it. Wish that there were more of some colors and less of others but wanted to use it up.
Would love to hear some honest opinions to help me make the decision as to if I should attempt to quilt it or not.
thank you.
Quilt it and name it My Big Mistake. I like it because of the colors you used. Mistake quilts make pretty quilts, too.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:52 AM

I think that it will be even prettier after quilting. Don't give up on it yet. I am in a quilting group. One of the ladies was binding a quilt that she really was not happy with. Several ladies loved it. They were hoping that she would donate it as a door prize at our holiday party, because they wanted it.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:57 AM

I really like your quilt! The pattern is interesting and I love the colors! I have found that many times when I put something away I don't like, for many reasons usually, that I drag it back out and like it again.
I have a Magnolia Quilt I didn't like. Sent a friend a picture of it and she went crazy over it she liked it so well! It needed a bit of repair so I did it and still hated it.
Now I like it again after a friend liked it and encouraged me with it.
Mariah
Mariah
Funny what our minds can do to us!!
Mariah
Old 11-19-2017, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

It's hard for me to answer your question because I dislike quilting tops that I made and ended up not liking. I like your top but my opinion doesn't matter. You're the one who has to finish it or choose not to. I'm in the camp with Watson- I value the enjoyment I get out of making a quilt and if I don't enjoy it I move on.
Sorry if my answer is a non-answer!
Old 11-19-2017, 08:03 AM

Yes, quilt it. There are as many different tastes in quilts from the getters that there are in the givers. Someone would love it (me included).
Old 11-19-2017, 09:10 AM

Yes. quilt it. If you still don't like it, donate it. Please don't suggest burning it, as I saw on another thread a few minutes ago. This lay out reminds me of a computer game I used to play. I think it was called something with pipes.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
Yes. quilt it. If you still don't like it, donate it. Please don't suggest burning it, as I saw on another thread a few minutes ago. This lay out reminds me of a computer game I used to play. I think it was called something with pipes.
Was the game called Mario?
Old 11-19-2017, 09:39 AM

I can't tell you how many quilt tops I have done and many king size, and I don't like them after all. So I sell them on ebay and buy more fabric! Someone will love this quilt top and you can make a bit of money for you time. But I have found that it is easier to sell quilt tops than finished quilts. I think many want to quilt them their own way.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

I like what KathyT said about it looking like Christmas ornaments beyond window panes...LOVE that!

I think it might be the white popping out that bothers you. I would definitely press it, #1, that could
change your outlook a lot, then cut some 'raw' christmas motifs and lay them on some of the white
squares and see if it adds to the "ornaments beyond the windows" look.
I'd definitely try that and if you still don't love it, somebody will, but look at all that fabric and work.
No, you won't be happy if you ditch it in a pile after all of that. That is why you asked
You wanted to give it a second chance.