Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 11-27-2017, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Bonnie posts the clues each Friday so you have plenty of time I'm going to start mine today. Yesterday I got side tracked making scrappy log cabin blocks. They are really scrappy! I have two more to make. I'm hoping someone in my family will like it, because it's almost too scrappy for even me!
If you adopt me I would be your family, then I could send you my address, Then you could mail that beautiful scrappy bunch of logs to Me!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 11-27-2017, 07:08 PM

Yes, SBG, I'm doing the NYD MMMQ (New Years Day Merry Mayhem Mystery Quilt). I've got my fabric all cut out for Part #1.

NZquilter, cute log cabin! They are often with a red square in the middle-- it's nice to be different for a change.

GramE, your fabrics are darling! All three of them.

Tweety2911, your pictures got downsized enough so it's hard for me to see them, even with my reading glasses. lol I'll have to go get a second pair to put over the first pair.

audsgirl, you have a great mix of prints. Isn't that kitty one cute!
Old 11-27-2017, 07:10 PM

NZquilter love your log cabin the yellow center is great especially those with the blue around them. They look like a sunny morning.
All the 9 patches are looking great, love all the verity, the spice of life right?
I just have to trim up a few then I'm done for the week.
I bet we will have some triangles with those rulers coming up next.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:23 PM

Love your log cabin, NZquilter, it's gorgeous.

All the nine patches are looking great. Lots of ooohing and ahhhing here. Loving the turquoise with the brown.

Kinda wishing I was on Facebook to see the drama. That's so funny someone would get bent out of shape over the backs of blocks they're never likely to see.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:24 PM

NZ quilter, love that scrappy log cabin. I remember reading, oh so many moons ago, that the center square of the log cabin represented the Hearth or chimney and it was traditionally done with either red or yellow to symbolize the welcoming fire.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:20 PM

GramE, your blocks are so elegant! They have a wonderful warm glow to them.

Lovely, Tweety. Interesting seeing them on the coral piece!

Love your prints, Leslie!

Here is my clue #1. I think I should cull my two darkest blues, that very blue one with the orange flecks and my lightest aqua for future clues (but not doing these over).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1179_Fotor.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	584445  
Old 11-27-2017, 11:37 PM

Lovely 9-patches, Lisa! You have a lovely variety of fabrics, neutrals especially!
Old 11-28-2017, 02:54 AM

I love all the examples of everyone's 9 patches and am excited to think that perhaps today I can start on mine. Like NZ quilter, I had to finish this strip quilt before clearing a path for the MQ. I love your scrappy log cabin NZ quilter and GramE, I agree that your blocks look very elegant. I always struggle between going with constant fabric or bold neutrals like Lisa's ~ I'm trying to step out of my box, but not quite there yet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Strip Quilt finished 002.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	584448  
Old 11-28-2017, 03:18 AM

BHMQ has this "link-up" deal out now. I have just now figured out this board to the point where I can navigate from one end to the other on it.

I only have a Pinterest account and am baffled by how to link up to show BH how far I've gotten. Does she look at our little part of the world?

Your thoughts.....

Marcia
Old 11-28-2017, 05:45 AM

Love the pictures!

I've made a goal to Not start any more tops while I'm working on this mystery - I really need to get quilting on the floppies. Finished up one last night and this AM got ready to load another. I was digging through my totes that has the tops and backing paired, and came across the En Province. Figured it would be nice to have that done before I have another mystery floppy finished. So it's on the frame and I did the first pass before it was time to log in and get to work.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2017 at 04:54 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS