Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-01-2017, 02:54 PM

The purply red is my coral, the black is my neutral.
Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
Kassaundra I LOVE the purply-red, is that your neutral? Stand out stunning!
Old 12-01-2017, 03:04 PM

Looks great Kassaundra! I have always loved your guesses.

I do wish Bonnie would've told us how many strips to cut on clue 1. I could've really used that info. I think I will use the Essential Triangle tool for this clue. I may have used it one other time since I bought it last year for En Provence. I was afraid I wouldn't use the folded corners so I didn't buy it. May do it later tho.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:11 PM

Great looking flying geese, tscweaves and GramE.

I can't understand why anyone would not go get the free clues from Quiltville with all the handy helps. I'm downloading them to my phone to keep in case I want to make this again.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:25 PM

That fabric was such a steal. I got is several years ago at Wally World, you may hate me when I tell you for how much, $1 per yard. It was on this big table and had no price, the disgruntled employee who didn't want to be there said find the cheapest fabric and bring it here, then she scanned that bar code. I bought every thread of it on the bolt. But sadly this will be the end (Ringo Lake, not just this clue)
Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
Kassaundra I LOVE the purply-red, is that your neutral? Stand out stunning!
Old 12-01-2017, 04:37 PM

Where can I find the manic 8 method and how to size it to these sizes?
Old 12-01-2017, 05:01 PM

Go to Main page and look for the Recipe thread. It is called Outstanding Bread Pudding. I think my white melting chocolate was bitter or something. I wrote to SuzieOH and asked if that was my mistake.

I've never been good at flying geese. And these are so small..... I am encouraged by all of you to try again.

Marcia
Old 12-01-2017, 05:20 PM

I will cut the FG with my Accuquilt.

Connie
Old 12-01-2017, 05:25 PM

Cheesehead: The great thing about paper piecing is that you can very easily resize the geese to the correct size in some sort of program (like paint or Microsoft Word) and then print away. This resizing capability is a big reason why I love paper piecing so much. Love the quilt but it’s too big...resize to smaller. Love the block but it’s too small...resize to larger.

With that said, I just did a quick search and found that this site has the paper piecing template for flying geese in the correct size - https://www.generations-quilt-patter...ing-geese.html . Note that I have not verified the size myself....just passing along a link.
Old 12-01-2017, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by lmanna View Post
Cheesehead: The great thing about paper piecing is that you can very easily resize the geese to the correct size in some sort of program (like paint or Microsoft Word) and then print away. This resizing capability is a big reason why I love paper piecing so much. Love the quilt but it’s too big...resize to smaller. Love the block but it’s too small...resize to larger.

With that said, I just did a quick search and found that this site has the paper piecing template for flying geese in the correct size - https://www.generations-quilt-patter...ing-geese.html . Note that I have not verified the size myself....just passing along a link.
Generations quilt pattern page also has the instructions and cutting chart for doing the no-waste geese, 4 at a time. I have a smallish pile of squares and rectangles already cut, but I am going to give those no-waste instruction a whirl. I had planned to make a 1/2 sized quilt then I realized a friend really enjoys these colors, so it might just grow up into a real quilt:-)
Old 12-01-2017, 06:22 PM

Marcia, I found the recipe thanks! I forgot there was a Recipe topic in the Forum. I love bread pudding, and I have some squash and pumpkin to bake, so it might be a good recipe to try and to pop in the oven along with them.