Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap >

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Spring churn dash 12.5 block swap

Old 12-05-2017, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
I love the dark one with tulips and peonies! I suppose it doesn't fit in with the spring theme of the swap though. My second pick would be the blue polka dot with red flowers.

BattleAxe, those pink roses make a great block!
Why doesn't the dark one fit in?
Old 12-05-2017, 06:52 PM

Zozee,
I am a fan of red so the top right fabric is my fave. I like the dark colors of the bottom left fabric also. I think they will be striking against the WOW and really stand out.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:57 AM

Unhappy Wish I had saw this b-4 the end of November

Guess it is to late to churn up and dash in with this spring churn dash block swap?
didnt see this group till December 2nd and would have loved to have gotten in on it!
please let me know if I still have a chance to get my blocks started.
Donna

Originally Posted by Armylady2012 View Post
This is a Spring Churn Dash Block Swap.

Think of Spring colors (yellow, pink, purple etc.) Let your imagination wonderfree.

The signups will begin on 1 November 2017 with the closing date being Midnight November 30[SUP]th[/SUP], 2017(4 weeks)
The Deadline to have them to me (in my hands) is February 3rd 2018(9 weeks)

I will swap them and mail them back out to you no later than
February 17[SUP]th[/SUP], 2018(2 weeks and 3days)

If I do not receive your blocks by the deadline date, I will have no choice but to swap the blocks received from the other swappers out without you.

Please make sure to read the Quilting board rules.
QB General Swap Rules:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...-a-t20154.html

The Swap is for sets of (4) Blocks. The limit is 5 sets per swapper. 20 Blocks maximum.

I will trade out all the blocks I receive. Don't forget to make a set for yourself.

Block size is 12 1/2" Sq.

The sets are to be a churn dash block. The set can be made with the same color of fabrics or different fabrics can be used, the background needs to be cream colored
so that all the different churn dashes can play nicely together in a quilt.
100 % cotton fabric must be used. Please use good quality cotton fabric, you should not be able to see through your fabric.

If you do Applique in the center block of the churn Dash it must be sewn down!

Embroidery blocks whether hand sewn or machine sewn are fine also.

Mailing Instructions:

Pm me for my address when you’re ready to Mail.

Make sure your board name is on each block ( you can pinit on, use address labels and stick it on, or you can use a base stitch andstitch it to the block).

Place your finished sets in one Large baggie, make sure to put your address and board name on the outside of the bag in case the package gets damaged or ripped in the mail then the post office can mail your blocks back to you.

Mail your blocks to me in a priority flat rate envelope(you can get this from the post office for free and it will only cost you $6.65 for the postage and the tracking is free) Please use stamps only on the return envelope. (Metered mail expires.)

Give your package time to get to me please. Make sure to address your return envelope back to yourself. Don't forget to use the proper postage. (Thank you.)

Should anything come up and you need to withdraw from the swap, just let me know.Life happens sometimes.

***NEW***

I have a request. I am requesting that each swapper enclose One extra block in the swap theme. This block can be 6.5 or 9.5 or 12.5 inch square. This is a just in case block. In case the mail messes up and things go awry. If I need them, I will use them. I hate to disappoint anyone. If I don't need them, I will hold a drawing 2 weeks after the swap blocks have been mailed out, and whoever wins, I will send them the extra blocks. I will take care of the postage. I do thank you for helping me out.

Now, let's share early fabric pulls, ideas, and blocks and have a little fun.

Hope to see you on our Spring Churn Dash Themed 12.5 Block Swap adventure.

Armylady2012
Old 12-06-2017, 07:45 AM

Hey fellow Texans (5pints & belfrybat) & possibly more!!! I've never heard of Olney either but was raised in Coleman just east of Abilene. But you know, Texas is so huge there are soooo many small towns....
Old 12-06-2017, 09:29 AM

ljptexas, I'm was raised in a small central Texas town, 38 folks, some are relatives & am looking forward to going back when we retire. I enjoy being friends with folks in small towns across this nation, like Florence, MS; Houma, LA; Noble, OK; Tejeras; NM; too many to count! It never ceases to amaze me how small town folks are able to make a living out in the boondocks, but they are very adept at it. Ah, the peaceful life!
hugs,
dj
Old 12-06-2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
Hey fellow Texans (5pints & belfrybat) & possibly more!!! I've never heard of Olney either but was raised in Coleman just east of Abilene. But you know, Texas is so huge there are soooo many small towns....
Small world. I lived in Santa Anna for 16 years (just moved 2 years ago) and went to church in Coleman.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:59 PM

I have lots of family still living around the Abilene area. My dad was the baby of 7 boys so there are many, many cousins. Ya'll are making me homesick for TX. Went back for several weeks the end of July - won't do that again....it was really really hot!!
Old 12-06-2017, 06:43 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584890[/ATTACH]

I found a gorgeous FQ in my stash and made my practice block with it. Clearly it didn't turn out perfectly, so I'll keep this one .

I really need to know how to make all the seams "nest" so they lie flat. Can't for the life of me figure out how to do that when you have so many seams on the back. I usually now press seams open, but it doesn't always work. SUggestions? I have never worried about having great looking backs of blocks because they didn't show in a finished quilt. But now--now that I'm sending my work to fellow quilters, I am so self-conscious about this . Any tips?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3152.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	584890  
Old 12-07-2017, 04:11 AM

Zozee, I start in the middle of the block and make the bar-bar-square-bar-bar section. pressing the from the center toward the outside. Then when you make the top and bottom row, the seams have to be pressed in the opposite direction. Then when the top row is sewn onto the middle, I actually do use pins to push the seams together. I'm on my last ones, all cut out.

P. S. Don't tell (tee hee) Armylady, but I have some duplicate Australian Patchwork magazines I included for her in the box.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:46 AM

For this type of block, I never press the seams open. Not saying mine are perfect but they seem to Lau pretty flat. I also do as BattleAxe suggested and put a pin in when sewing top to middle etc. You can actually "feel" when the seam locks in and nests.
PS I think it looks beautiful.