Another actor/show ending

Old 12-22-2017, 10:17 AM

I am so sad Major Crimes is ending.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:46 AM

I was shocked as well. Will miss the series.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
I understand the need (and have the desire) to drop cable tv, but for those who do that, like Klswift, how do you get your internet in order to view sling tv?
We don't have cable. We use an old style, outside antenna. We get about 170 channels. About half are in other languages, and shopping channels, kids, etc. We have roku for netflix and amazon prime which we connect thru internet. I was watching Decades channel this morning and Carol Burnett was on. They showed a Mama's Family episode, and a Mrs. Whiggins skit. Haven't laughed that hard all year!
Old 12-26-2017, 05:30 AM

I did ditch the whole cable thing. I still get all of my local channels and the reception is better than when I had cable. I have antennas on each TV and have tons to watch. I also have CBS, NBC, ABC, etc on my tablet that I can watch. I only have internet on my tablet, I pay 25 a month, my cable bill used to be close to 100 and I had the lowest package possible. I have my internet and my house phone thru Sprint. My cell phone, house phone and internet (unlimited data) cost me less than a hundred a month. Plus, I can take my internet with me where ever I go. If I want to work on my laptop or use my printer I just use the hotspot on my tablet. I'm saving so much money and not missing hardly a thing.

Last edited by romanojg; 12-26-2017 at 05:32 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Geri B- do you have Netflix or Amazon Prime? Netflix has some great series. We don't watch any regular TV, in fact, I wish we could ditch cable altogether but my husband likes to watch the news.
Susie, little antennas are a million times better than the old rabbit ears. About the size of a small picture frame. I think we paid about $50.00 for one at Best Buy, we get most of the Portland local channels. Rob is addicted to weather That is the only time the tv is on, I think there are 20 or more free channels too, couldn't say what they are as I've not scrolled thorough them. Try it! Kick that cable to the curb!

we don't stream anything, eats too much of my broadband. We get our telephone and broadband through ATT. It is possible that cost would eat up what you save on cable... But check with your phone provider, you might get a good deal.

I feel no pity for the cable companies losing business, their shady practices have confused and ripped off so many people.
And we dumped the landline phone at least 10 years ago.

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 12-26-2017 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
Susie, little antennas are a million times better than the old rabbit ears. About the size of a small picture frame. I think we paid about $50.00 for one at Best Buy, we get most of the Portland local channels. Rob is addicted to weather That is the only time the tv is on, I think there are 20 or more free channels too, couldn't say what they are as I've not scrolled thorough them. Try it! Kick that cable to the curb!

we don't stream anything, eats too much of my broadband. We get our telephone and broadband through ATT. It is possible that cost would eat up what you save on cable... But check with your phone provider, you might get a good deal.

I feel no pity for the cable companies losing business, their shady practices have confused and ripped off so many people.
And we dumped the landline phone at least 10 years ago.
Thanks for the info, Kalama. We are locked in to Direct TV until May (our bill is 128.00 for cable and internet) but I know the minute the contract is up the rates will go waaay up. I really have no use for cable. If I watched it, well that would be a different story but everything we watch is paid for- Netflix, Amazon etc so it's such a waste! I need to convince my husband that we can get cable news somewhere but I don't know where That is the only thing that he watches on cable.
We ditched our landline about 10 years ago as well. Our phones are through Verizon. All these companies are thieves in my opinion!