Those who have Roku

Old 12-27-2017, 10:27 AM

Thank you, all, for all the good information! Thank you, Prism99, I did not know PBS had a subscription channel. Will check that out. And thank you, too, for the link to MHZ. I checked, and they can be seen through Amazon Prime for a fee. I do want to check out Acorn. Sounds interesting. Thanks again to all.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

We have cable digital and Roku. I have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Acorn TV and PBS Masterpiece. With our cable we get HBO, Showtime, and all the cable channels to watch on demand or live on Roku. DH can watch any show sport event, or movie anytime which makes him happy. I love the New Zealand and Australian series. So much more interesting and no fluff to fill out the time. I'm watching the first season of Far out East, an Australian series and it's very good. We don't go out to movies and seldom eat out, don't gamble or drink. So dollars spent on home entertainment like movies, tvs, books, and hobbies is worth it to us. At our age we say well what else are we going to spend or disposable income on?
Old 07-10-2018, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

can i watch Acorn shows on my computer? I would prefer that. I watch MHz and Amazon. can get Amazon on my t.v. but dont' know how. my son said how quickly and i didn't get it. i prefer on my computer anyway. just wondering about Acorn.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
can i watch Acorn shows on my computer? I would prefer that. I watch MHz and Amazon. can get Amazon on my t.v. but dont' know how. my son said how quickly and i didn't get it. i prefer on my computer anyway. just wondering about Acorn.
You used to be able to watch Acorn TV on your computer. I loved to watch all the BBC shows on it.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:26 AM

We decided cable was a bad value so cut it off and bought a Roku. Now I wonder why we waited so long. We love the British Mysteries and most everything we can get on Netflix — for a fraction of the cost.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Question about MHz. i have watched shows through them and do not download anything. just watch and then close out of the site. I was looking at documents and downloads in my computer yesterday- what did I find? downloaded shows from MHz. at least something was there. when i clicked on them, it would ask me how i wanted to open it. well, i did not want to "open" it. I deleted all I found.
does this happen on your computer when you watch their shows??? Now i 'm wondering about getting in there again.