Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 01-19-2018, 09:05 AM

Hi IceLeopard...

I used some jelly rolls for 2.5" square. Ii did find that they were bigger than 2.5 so I had to trim a very little bit of each one. I got a system going so it is not as bad as it sounds. So check the size of your jelly rolls and Charm packs.

Originally Posted by IceLeopard View Post
A question, if you please. Can the squares be cut from other pre-cuts, like jelly rolls, charm packs, or layer cakes? I have a lot of pre-cuts that I can't use. For my purposes they are either too dark, too light, or too pink. (I make lap quilts for the VA hospital and pink is right out!) I'd like someone to get some use out of them.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:10 AM

Hi everyone....

so when I see that someone says "I'm working on a pink quilt" I do try and send them what they are looking for. In turn you can post what you are looking for. With that being said DO NOT go out and buy pink for them this is suppose to help you use up your fabric and get some new candies for you. AND you do not have to send the color they want. That is NOT a rule.

Also be careful what you ask for....There could be a lot of pink coming your way WMUTeach.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Ice, I need some new pinks! So glad you have an abundance. I am making a checkerboard quilt of pink and white scrappy 2.5 squares and have run out of ...... pink that has not been used previously. Trying not to do more than two squares per pink fabric. This is an ongoing quilt so I will wait until September arrives.

Welcome to the 2018/19 swap friends! This is such fun.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:14 AM

Aurora.....please check your jelly rolls for 2.5" all around. I have some jelly rolls that I need to trim one side.

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
I have had the Fading Charm Quilt on my to do list for years, joining this swap has pushed it to the top of my "TO DO LIST". Have started cutting 2.5" squares from unused Jelly Roll strips and scrap strips. I am so happy to have found this swap.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:20 AM

Yeah I am happy you have received most of your packages. Please let me know when they arrive. And glad you had a great time finding a dress with your daughter and going to a quilt retreat!!!

barb
Originally Posted by aborning View Post
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to all the ladies in this group. Sorry I have been on vacation to my daughter in South Dakota to do some wedding planning and wedding dress shopping. (Yes, she found a beautiful dress for her June wedding}. Then on Sundya morning (my birthday), I drove 9 hours to a quilt retreat and am finally back home tonight. I have received the birthday packages from everyone except Red Stilettos and MrsHalibut. I saw the post from MrsHalibut that she is sending hers yet and wondering about RedStilettos. Is it lost in the mail or did a busy life happen this month for you and it's not sent yet? RedStilettos, just letting you know I haven't received it yet. Thank You ladies for all the birthday wishes and the candy. I can't wait to open them all. I think I will wait until I receive my candy packages from MrsHalibut and RedStilettos and then open them all at the same time. Cant wait to participate again in the next one.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:33 AM

List keeps growing........Here is the list of returning swappers. PLEASE make sure you are on here if you want to be. It is almost time to open for the newbies and there is quite a list! So next year will be a lot of fun again!

Returning for more fun....
aborning
Anoka Quilter
barbarakibler23
crispy_frog
Gaijin
Happylab
Hav4boys
Jaba
Jane Quilter
Janice McC
JuanitaBeans
kele
MizMelly
Patrick's mom
Pinkflowers
SheriR
Sunrise450
Travelinggramma
WMUTeach
Old 01-19-2018, 11:12 AM

Barb, I've already discovered that 5 inch charm squares aren't always square! I was zipping along, stacking 2 or 3 and then cutting, then one of them was 1/4 inch wider than the one on top. So now I'm measuring all of them to make sure they're five inches before I whack them into quarters. Also, I got a jelly roll of black from Jo-Ann Fabrics the other day and all of them are about a quarter of an inch wider than 2 and 1/2 in. I wasn't planning on putting those into the Swap and I have a technique where I can use them at that width but that's not what I thought I was buying. (and why is my speech to text function turning buying into bi?)
Old 01-19-2018, 12:34 PM

Happy birthday, pinkflowers!
Old 01-19-2018, 01:09 PM

Hope you are having a great birthday, Pinkflowers! Happy day!
Old 01-19-2018, 01:25 PM

Happy Birthday Pinkflowers! Hope your day is turning out as perfectly as it sounds!
Old 01-19-2018, 01:30 PM

Happy happy birthday to you Pinkflowers. Hope it is the best one yet!