Flu near you? :(

Old 01-30-2018, 04:31 PM

Well, we all in our family had flu shots, and pneumonia shots, but it sure didn't stop us from getting the flu. My Dr. said it may have cut it down. I ran high fever and all of that stuff and oldest son had flu shot and couldn't say a word. He was really sick too. There were 7 of us in our family. We're staying home, going no where. Cancelled all of my Dr. visits. That would be the worst place to go. Just waiting it out, to get totally well.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

Last week at sew day, one member of our group had the start of the flu but though it was just a cold. Everyone but me that was there has the flu now. Most have it really bad on prescription meds. I hope it passed me. The grands and kids haven't been sick so far and that's a blessing.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:26 PM

Doctor took a swab from me and did a culture, then chest X-ray, blood work and NOT FLU! Bad cold with congestion, cough, sore throat, fever, chills, fatigue. So on meds and keeping warm. Thankful for hubby, pharmacy, fireplace, hot tea, and soft blankets. Hope everyone else is well and stays well.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:17 PM

Another school system is closed until next Monday. No one allowed in the building except the custodial crew sanitizing every desk and nook and cranny.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:57 PM

I am one of the lucky ones, I have never had the flu and I rarely get colds. Many years ago my doctor recommended that I do not get the flu shot.

I am in BC Canada.

I attend university and several of my classmates have some down with it (19-25 years old). One classmates mother has missed two weeks of work and is not better yet. A cousin had been sick for 3 weeks, she takes the flu shot. Luckily she has not been hospitalized, but she has been back to her doc a few times.

It is scary how fast people are getting very ill.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

The fear of flu shots for most is the metal in them. If you start getting flu shots when very young the metal builds up. There is a live strain version of the flu shot but you have to ask for it. I get mine at the County Health Dept as soon as the flu shots are available.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:13 PM

hi lena ...am just crawling out
from under the flu truck
which flattened me despite
having had a flu shot
but one hears that without the shot
it would have probably been worse
don't even want to think about it
stay well and germ free...
Old 02-01-2018, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

Ugh, just found out my sister has it. She got a shot too...........
Old 02-01-2018, 09:18 PM

Another small town school closed and now our larger one. 700 students out today in ours. Wow. But don't cancel the basketball game. Let's all go sit close together in the stands.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:30 AM

Yes this is exactly what I came down with while in CO visiting my daughter. Good 3 weeks sick with it and ended with sinus infection. Dr. said my age was a factor. Go figure. lol

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
Yes, my DH and I are just getting over the flu, after 2 1/2 weeks of being sick. It hit really fast, and after our fever broke, DH's went into upper respiratory infection, and mine went into a sinusitis. I only went out to get prescriptions filled and some OTC meds for the coughs (not that it did any good, but we needed to try to sleep)