Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Bucket List? >

Quilting Bucket List?

Quilting Bucket List?

Old 02-06-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
Do those of you who refer to your Bucket List actually have a written list? I probably need to write mine down because I tend to forget.......
I do have a list written down. So far, 3 pages in a notebook. I do look at it frequently. Sometime it serves to remind me to finish a project that I have forgotten about. Not everything that I see or like goes on this list or the notebook would take up all of the room in my small sewing room.

When I buy fabric, I place all of the fabric along with the pattern in a zippered case (from Mattress pads or sheets, etc.) That way i am not tempted to grab the fabric for another project. Then the cases are piled into several laundry baskets (sitting on sewing room floor). Unfortunately, there is only a small path through the sewing room at times.
Hoping to get most of these projects completed to hand down to family.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:09 AM

Yes, I have a bucket list Printed out and put in a binder. Apart from a handful of particular projects I am doing (historical costumes and an Outlander wall hanging), or what I want to do (Baltimore), my bucket list comprises more of the block patterns I would like to try.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:52 PM

I have several large binders that hold patterns I would like to make for my bucket list. I go through those binders at least once a year and end up throwing a lot away but still have lots. I also have a binder for quilts made, in case I want to make a second one and just to browse at all the ones I have finished! So rewarding some days!
Old 02-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

I don't have any real bucket list. I tend to throw away or misplace those kinds of lists. W
Old 02-06-2018, 04:27 PM

See! This is how I get into trouble! I am tempted to add Marcia's top to my computer bucket. I also have an excel sheet for quilts I've started in various stages of completeness. Whenthe quilt is finished excel will calculate the % finished of those listed. I went back to old, old ufo's when I first started this list. Sad to say most of the old are still ufo's and my percentage is very low. I check this list often to keep me motivated to do more steps to finish and less adding new projects to the list(which makes the % go down. I wish I had a calculator on there for tops complete; that percentage would be pretty good. I also have a 1" binder with just patterns I want to make. I refuse to add another binder and this one only has room for maybe 1 or 2 more before I will stop adding. Like someone said, I will never make all the quilts I want to make, nor use all the fabric, in my lifetime. And we won't talk about the wall of tops waiting to be quilted. And waiting, and waiting, waiting.......
Old 02-07-2018, 05:51 AM

I wrote a bucket list several years ago. It is no longer my bucket list. What I have on my bucket list is constantly changing. What was on my list a few years ago no longer interests me. My list is endless.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:16 AM

Thanks, gang. Think I will forego the actual list and just continue as I do now since I am a slow progress quilter. Now I just start a top, then do another top (I like piecing the best) or two. Then decide I have to quilt them before I can do any more. This process may take a couple of months - but that is okay. I had been keeping a list, but that was sort of like the K&W cafeteria problem for me - the more food I see, the more overwhelmed I get and the harder to choose.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by SSStitches View Post
I too have an electronic picture file of "one day I'll make that". But gift ideas are always coming up ahead of the line.
this is me.. and it keeps growing!!! ha ha ha
Old 02-07-2018, 12:43 PM

I have a lot of projects, some unfinished and others with the materials and pattern gathered together. So many, in fact, that it has been overwhelming. A friend suggested that I write the name of each project on a piece of paper and put them in a jar. When I finish one project, I draw out a paper for the next one. It has been amazing how that has helped me get started on doing these.

Of course, every once in awhile a "new" project sneaks in because I just can't resist it. But once it is completed, I go back to my jar.

Last edited by JanieH; 02-07-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:59 PM

I started a bucket list, a real, on paper, bucket list, then it dawned on me that I can go get the pattern when I was ready, online and would never live long enough to do them all, so I just gave up. Now I just look for the next one to do.