Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for "Craftsy Unlimited" Members >

Question for "Craftsy Unlimited" Members

Question for "Craftsy Unlimited" Members

Old 02-15-2018, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
The difference, to me, is that I still have access to the individually purchased classes years later. If I have a membership, my access expires when the membership does. And I wouldn't want to commit to having a membership longterm.

Software companies, like Microsoft, have also gone this route and I hate it. I'd much rather own my copy of Office than have to rent it, and I take that option whenever I can.
Supposing you signed up for a year and then let it lapse- wouldn't you still keep the ones you've already bought? That was my understanding but not certain.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:23 AM

I agree with you, SusieQoh........
Old 02-15-2018, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Supposing you signed up for a year and then let it lapse- wouldn't you still keep the ones you've already bought? That was my understanding but not certain.
You would keep any classes that you purchased individually, but that's an additional expense to the membership fee. You don't own any classes as a result of your membership.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:51 AM

I will not enroll. I will buy a class now and then but it is hard to find the time to watch. Would not pay me to enroll.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

I thought the membership was $4.95 a month?? I must have misread.

I pay for monthly subscriptions to Netflix, satellite radio and also Pandora on my phone. But since I haven't fully utilized the few classes I have bought, I don't think it would make sense for me to join. I'm a doer more than a watcher, tho I have learned some valuable things from some classes, particularly Marti Michell's QAYG classes. It's fabulous.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:00 AM

Personally, I don't think it's worth the money. I have a lot of their videos I have never watched. They seemed good at the time but the few I did watch didn't really seem that good. They don't really go into the detail I wanted.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:25 AM

I haven't enrolled, as I don't have time to watch to justify the cost. If the unlimited classes is still around once my daughters are high school age, (I plan to homeschool) I might get it for them, to expose them to more hobbies and DIY than just quilting. But that's a long way off!
Old 02-16-2018, 07:58 AM

You don't have access to all the classes. There were enough classes that I wanted to watch that I got the membership for one year. I bought several classes before they offered the membership. By the end of the year I'll decide if I want to renew. It's kind of a personal thing.....depending on your interests.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:51 AM

Not that excited. I don’t have time to watch hours of classes either. I also find that the classes are in a giant list that takes time to sort thru. I don’t find the site easy to locate either. On top of that many of the “free” classes were free already or they’re for specific machines and software that I don’t own. I’ll look around during the trial but I’m not at all interested in a regular membership.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:47 AM

Thanks so much for your response. I thought I might like some of the baking classes. I was leaning toward it not being worth my investment because if you lapse in membership, you no longer have access to selected views. I'll keep cherry-picking my videos and going to youtube for other classes.

I appreciate everyone's input.