Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Tested clothing pattern block >

Tested clothing pattern block

Tested clothing pattern block

Old 05-22-2009, 07:29 AM

Sorry for the hijacked thread, but this is impt - don't just get mammos - do self exams - that's how I found mine - didn't show on mammos
Old 05-22-2009, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Sorry for the hijacked thread, but this is impt - don't just get mammos - do self exams - that's how I found mine - didn't show on mammos
GREAT ADDITION/ SUGGESTION. Thank you.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:56 AM

Hello,

Hey, you did a great job! And so quickly, too! I gave my own quilt teacher a couple of unfinished and torn blocks that were coming apart so she could draft her own pattern for our class next semester, but she hasn't even started yet. I'm really impressed that you were able to do this from just my pictures. And your details turned out too cute. I would never think of adding details like buttons and lace and pockets - my own blocks, if I were to do this for a block-of-the-month, would end up being mu-muus or nightgowns rather than party dresses. And the hems would all be crooked, just like every real dress I ever tried to sew.
Good job, and thanks for posting.

Enn the flowergirl
Old 05-23-2009, 11:07 PM

Pam and BC--love your blocks; both are adorable. Thanks Pam for sharing and thanks to BC for putting them into PDFs. Now can I turn back the clock 35 years to save more of my kids clothes?
Old 05-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Banned

Enn, I know what you mean about the muumuu's and uneven hems. I'm afraid my blocks will look like they belong to Roseanne. Or Lucy when she's got some 'splainin' to do! LOL. But dadgummit, I want to try one, but I'm scheduled to work the next 4 days (nights) in a row, and since I work 12.5 hour shifts and commute an hour each way, there's no way! :cry: Oh well, there's always next week.

Pam and BC, you ARE goddesses!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:47 AM

Pam and Blue Chicken, I add my thanks to the growing list.
I already downloaded and saved all of the patterns you drafted and printed out a copy of each, including the 12-inch blocks. I'll be bringing them to my last quilt class tonight and let the ladies in my class fight over them, too.
I will be making up my own "Boy Blocks" after I finish 3 WIPs ahead of these blocks on the table, including setting some "Sunbonnet Sue" blocks that came in the same box as the "Square Dance" blocks. I will tell you the fun is all in the details. Some of the details on the blocks I have make me cry, they are sooooo cute. One of the ladies had ribbon embroidery in the "old World" costume style - think Hungarian or German traditional dance costumes. The raggedy patches on some of the boys knees - I would never have thought up those! And some of the boys seem to have belts glued on. One lady added a folded neckerchief under the boy's collar, another added a copper rivet on her boy's pants, I could go on and on exclaiming over these little details. Talk about playing with paper dolls!!

Wow. I turn my back for a minute to deal with finals week at school and y'all just whizzed right on past me! I'm still coughing up the dust from the flurry of activity here! (Oh wait, no, that's the dust in my own house. Now that finals are over I need to pull out my green machine and clean my desk chair here. My daughter was dancing the other day and bumped into this chair and you could see the cloud of dust poof into the air from my kitchen! I hang my head in embarrassment and shame. I painted a sign to hang in my front entry - "I cleaned last week, sorry you missed it", because when I get sewing...)

Well, grass seems to be growing under my feet while you ladies are taking off at full speed. I finish up some blocks for the block exchange for my final class tonight, I need to start cutting the fabric for the Sunbonnet SUe blocks, I need to iron out and get the thread for the quilt that is backed and tacked and ready to quilt, I need to sew up the seams on 2 more quilts, uhm, I have a lot of work to do this week to finish up. But if I finish it up this week, next week - the Square Dance blocks will get their turn!

Thanks tremendously.

Enn The Flowergirl
Old 02-14-2010, 07:36 AM

Thank you for the pictures and PDF's of the block templates. I will have great fun doing this project. Now sooooo sorry that I don't have the scraps of fabrics that I made my granddaughters clothes from when they were little but you can't keep everything. I'll go thru all the fabrics and trims I have saved to do crazy quilting. I'll post pics when I get some done and I learn how to actually post pics. lol
Old 02-14-2010, 07:39 AM

That's just about the cutest block I've ever seen. Thanks fir sharing.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:05 AM

One year later I will give everyone an update on these "Square Dance" blocks. One wall hanging top is completed! The others ---- I am waiting for a friend with an embroidery machine to do some embroideries for me to add to my blocks I made before I sew them into the 4 other wall hanging quilt tops. The project is sitting on my kitchen table right now, waiting for those embroideries. The project is not dead, just simmering on a back burner until it all comes together. And I haven't forgotton you ladies, either, I've just been dealing with my life and other projects. As soon as I get those embroderies from my friend, this project will be back on track. (giggle, I hope. But you know how it is where you start a project with good intentions and so many years later...)
Old 02-14-2010, 11:16 AM

hi flowergirl glad you see your back ,can wait to what you,ve done with your beauitful block,s projects ,yep 1 year later want to see the out come