Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Another Instapot question >

Another Instapot question

Another Instapot question

Old 02-27-2018, 05:53 AM

Gave our daughter an IP and she embraced it. She learned on YouTube how to use it because the instruction book is confusing. Her husband called me & said she was a good cook before, but this even took it up a few notches. She’s having so much fun I got one myself. Good eating !
Old 02-27-2018, 06:37 AM

I finally ordered one for myself, after DH took 8 hours to cook up beans. I've never cooked anything in a pressure cooker, so that will be new for me. I bought the mini as it's just DH and I, and we are trying hard not to have leftovers as often. That is part of a "eat less" overall plan.

I do own 4 pressure canners though, and have done a lot of canning with them so that part is not new. My smallest one is 10 quarts, and this is considered the smallest size you can safely can in. It's due to the length of time to heat up and cool down. Smaller pressure cookers do that faster so you don't have the assurance that your food as reached the required temperature for the specified length of time needed to kill the botulism spoors that may be present. If the spoors were not there to start with, eating improperly pressure canned food won't hurt you. However the toxins they produce are odorless and tasteless, but can be deadly.