Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Sweet Potato Toast >

Sweet Potato Toast

Sweet Potato Toast

Old 02-28-2018, 05:10 AM

Default Sweet Potato Toast

This recipe idea is from Weight Watchers. I found it today, while searching for something yummy for breakfast. It's so easy! Just slice a whole, raw, sweet potato into 1/3 inch slices along the length of the potato, spray, or rub with a tiny bit of olive oil and season with salt and any other spices that you think might work with it. (Cinnamon, curry powder, or paprika perhaps?) Set the toaster on High and toast the slices in the toaster until lightly brown. You can also use a toaster oven, or regular oven for this, flipping the toast several times for even browning.

WW topped their version with a sliced banana, honey and pecans for a sweet breakfast, but you could also use sweet potato toast for a savory/sweet platform for almost any meal. I'm trying their breakfast version this morning, along with a poached egg. (For those of you on WW, the recipe is called, "Sweet Potato Toast with Banana, Honey and Pecans," worth 4SPs, egg is 0 SPs.) I'm using a regular oven for this and walnuts instead of pecans. I'll let you know how it turns out.

~ C

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-28-2018 at 06:27 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 02-28-2018, 07:34 AM

It sounds soooo good!! I'm the only one that loves sweet potatoes, but it could be a good dessert for me.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:25 PM

OMG! It IS good! The hubby and I had it for breakfast and he could not stop raving about it. It was sweet, but not too sweet, since there was only a teaspoon of warmed honey drizzled over it. I don't have a toaster to see how the sliced, sweet potato fares using one. I've seen in other "Sweet Potato Toast" recipes that you may need to push the toaster down a couple of times before it is properly toasted. I did mine in the oven and it worked fine. This recipe was super easy and fast too. I think that it's going to be a regular breakfast item for us.

~ C
Old 03-01-2018, 04:49 AM

That sounds really yummy! Now if I can only remember to buy sweet potatoes and try it, lol!
Old 03-01-2018, 04:53 AM

W.W. and I have parted company but I do like sweet potatoes. I would do this same thing and sprinkle the sweet potato slices with feta cheese as a side to my grilled chicken and salad. Love roasted sweet potatoes and feta. Oh a side of fresh asparagus is a good addition too!
Old 03-01-2018, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
This recipe idea is from Weight Watchers. I found it today, while searching for something yummy for breakfast. It's so easy! Just slice a whole, raw, sweet potato into 1/3 inch slices along the length of the potato, spray, or rub with a tiny bit of olive oil and season with salt and any other spices that you think might work with it. (Cinnamon, curry powder, or paprika perhaps?) Set the toaster on High and toast the slices in the toaster until lightly brown. You can also use a toaster oven, or regular oven for this, flipping the toast several times for even browning.

WW topped their version with a sliced banana, honey and pecans for a sweet breakfast, but you could also use sweet potato toast for a savory/sweet platform for almost any meal. I'm trying their breakfast version this morning, along with a poached egg. (For those of you on WW, the recipe is called, "Sweet Potato Toast with Banana, Honey and Pecans," worth 4SPs, egg is 0 SPs.) I'm using a regular oven for this and walnuts instead of pecans. I'll let you know how it turns out.

~ C
what tempature and how long
Old 03-01-2018, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

Sweet potatoes are the perfect food.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
OMG! It IS good! The hubby and I had it for breakfast and he could not stop raving about it. It was sweet, but not too sweet, since there was only a teaspoon of warmed honey drizzled over it. I don't have a toaster to see how the sliced, sweet potato fares using one. I've seen in other "Sweet Potato Toast" recipes that you may need to push the toaster down a couple of times before it is properly toasted. I did mine in the oven and it worked fine. This recipe was super easy and fast too. I think that it's going to be a regular breakfast item for us.

~ C
what temp oven and how long
Old 03-01-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by doricu2 View Post
what temp oven and how long
I toasted mine in a 375 degree oven. I don't remember how log it took...sorry. I was busy getting other things ready. I'm guessing it was for about 7-10 minutes before I flipped them over and then another 2-3 minutes. That's just a guess. Keep a close eye on them, so that they don't burn.

~ C
Old 03-01-2018, 09:55 AM

Also...forgot to mention that I used parchment paper to keep the slices from sticking and making a mess on the sheet pan.

~ C