Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 5" Charm Swap - Color Theme Neutral >

March 5" Charm Swap - Color Theme Neutral

March 5" Charm Swap - Color Theme Neutral

Old 03-03-2018, 05:12 PM

Connecting Threads allows you to order FQ's of most of their fabrics. Pretty sure I've ordered FQ bundles in specific colors from Thousands of Bolts as well.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
Connecting Threads allows you to order FQ's of most of their fabrics. Pretty sure I've ordered FQ bundles in specific colors from Thousands of Bolts as well.
I went to Connecting Threads, clicked on "sale". This this their Note: [h=1]We're closing out these fabrics so we can bring you new and exciting prints to love. We are adding new fabrics to this page regularly so check back often to get the best deals. Minimum purchase of 1 half yard required on select fabrics.[/h]Keep looking gals! Its like an Easter egg hunt!
Old 03-03-2018, 06:23 PM

In case anyone missed it, CT has precuts on their sale page too, including several FQ assortments. They're sold by the group, but sometimes they have really good deals. It's a good idea to check back often.

I changed my sets of squares slightly, switching out some fabrics for different ones. There were a few that, after studying them more, didn't seem to be good candidates for the swap. Hopefully y'all will be happy with my baggies, regardless of whether you prefer "safe" or "edgy" or somewhere in between. (My "edgy" ones are pretty tame, but I don't think they'd be considered "boring". At least I hope not. ) There are a few extra squares in each bag, too, just in case, and a little surprise.

It's been interesting discussing what each person considers to be a neutral, and what our individual tastes are. I'm very curious now to see what arrives in my mailbox! Are we there yet? ha ha
Old 03-04-2018, 05:25 AM

I went shopping yesterday and bought edgy and neutral. Some neutral are from my stash also.

Last month I loved getting the buttons, it was such a surprise.

My question...........Where do you find things like this where you can afford to buy a bunch? I hope I am not being inappropriate I just think t was such a sweet thing to do.

Red, I have been thinking about the Secret Pal swap also. It sounds like such a fun swap!
Old 03-04-2018, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I went shopping yesterday and bought edgy and neutral. Some neutral are from my stash also.

Last month I loved getting the buttons, it was such a surprise.

My question...........Where do you find things like this where you can afford to buy a bunch? I hope I am not being inappropriate I just think t was such a sweet thing to do.

Red, I have been thinking about the Secret Pal swap also. It sounds like such a fun swap!
I got my buttons off e-Bay and Amazon. If you buy them from sellers in China/Taiwan/Hong Kong, they're usually around $2 (shipped) for a bag of 50-100 buttons. They take 4-6 weeks to arrive, though. So far all the ones I've ordered have arrived in good condition. It just took forever for them to get here.

You can find the same buttons being sold by U.S. sellers on e-Bay and Amazon, but they usually cost quite a bit more. But the shipping is a lot faster.

Here's where I bought the cat buttons (no affiliation).
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by moonrise; 03-04-2018 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

What do you all do with your buttons? Sew them on quilts as embellishments? Just curious....
Old 03-04-2018, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
What do you all do with your buttons? Sew them on quilts as embellishments? Just curious....
I've been using mine for embellishments on my hearts I make for the IFoundAQuiltedHeart.com project.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I've been using mine for embellishments on my hearts I make for the IFoundAQuiltedHeart.com project.
cute idea!
Old 03-04-2018, 07:07 AM

I use two that match for eyes on bean bag frogs. I fill them with plastic pellets, so they are washable. My son made a plywood 'cornhole' (bean bag toss) game set. The stands with the holes are quite far apart for official rules (which he uses), so they are not very easy for the approximately five-year-old crowd. A big box 3 feet away with a frog to hop in is better for them. The frogs were a hit as you can make them sit and lay in funny poses, so I made about 100 for a craft sale. They sold easily because granddaughters tossing them and laughing with them looked so happy and cute made good salespersons.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:25 AM

Can anyone share with me what colors have already been swapped? Just so I can be thinking of what might still be coming.
thanks....