Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
All Craftsy Classes are Free this weekend >

All Craftsy Classes are Free this weekend

All Craftsy Classes are Free this weekend

Old 03-03-2018, 02:40 PM

I have spent the whole day watching classes by Cindy Needham and Angela Walters. Happy Day!
Old 03-03-2018, 07:15 PM

I watched a sewing with knits, as I would like to make a couple of tops and do not have a serger. It's been ... decades!! ... since I've sewn clothing.

Also watched two on EPP by Helen Stubbings of Hugs and Kisses in Australia. The second one has several steps and lessons, so I will likely end up buying it.

Those are the two things I wanted to find info on; whether or not I check any more tomorrow will depend on how I'm feeling. Between being away for a week to babysit a sick grandson, then coming home and being sick for over a week, I'm behind on everything!
Old 03-03-2018, 08:08 PM

I just watched Amy Smart and fast quilts with precuts.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:54 PM

So many great classes! Watching some on crochet right now, but I've been downloading a lot of recipes as well. We love to try new foods, and craftsy seems to screen their videos well, so I don't have to worry as much if some random recipe will taste ok or instructions will work correctly.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:20 AM

Is there any way to see them on a smart TV?
Old 03-04-2018, 05:38 AM

Just watched a cooking show - beef tortilla soup? With two women who just kept chit-chatting thruout, loud and talking over each other....recipe was probably all of three sentences, rest blah, blah, blah....... Oh well, didn't cost me anything...
Old 03-04-2018, 11:04 AM

Thank you. I'm watching the one on pressure cooking. Wish I had time to watch the one on photography. Maybe I can tonight.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

I love watching Marti Michell's QAYG classes. One thing I found disappointing was that you couldn't fast forward or back up and watch something over, or skip ahead to the chapter you want to see. I had to start at the beginning and just watch the whole series through. Kind of frustrating and who has that kind of time to sit through all the things they are not interested in? I ended up sewing with the class on, half watching and listening.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I love watching Marti Michell's QAYG classes. One thing I found disappointing was that you couldn't fast forward or back up and watch something over, or skip ahead to the chapter you want to see. I had to start at the beginning and just watch the whole series through. Kind of frustrating and who has that kind of time to sit through all the things they are not interested in? I ended up sewing with the class on, half watching and listening.
As we only have a few hours left I hope my reply is not too late. If you want to view a certain chapter they are listed on the far right of the page. Just scroll down to what you want to watch. I have been doing this all day, not everything in each class did I want to watch especially because we are running out of time and there was so many good things to watch.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:42 PM

I tried a few classes, but the only one I really liked was Marti Michell's one on quilting big quilts on small home machines. I might actually buy that one, as I couldn't finish it.

Unfortunately I didn't get as much time as I would have liked to have to binge watch.