"Weigh In"

Old 02-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by trupeach
For those who have trouble with mobility the easiest exercise is pilates and worth the investment for resistant cords, they cost about $8 at AMAZON. Pilates was invented by a doctor during World War 2. It was made up of ropes and pullies so that the injured soldiers could get excercise while in bed. I am disabled and would kill mysef if I tried to exercise, I also have no balance system so walking/running is out of the question. With pilates you could sit in a chair or even lay in bed. Now that I have started my diet I will do pilates. I have a brass bed so it is easy to set up. I have 1 resistance cord wrapped around the headboard and 1 around the footboard. I am able to work both my upper and lower body. I also use a 3lb weighted ball sit on the floor and roll it between my legs as far as I could bend foreward and then roll it back. A person doesn't have to be in tip top shape to be able to exercise and things get easier with time. The one amazing thing about pilates is you see results in about 2 weeks, you will look more toned even if you are still heavy. The best of the best is.............. you don't sweat when doing them. That is the best part as I HATE sweating.

Everyone should have a cheat day it boasts your metabolism and helps you loss more weight, if you diet everyday your body goes into starvation mode and you stop lossing weight as you body will start to store fat. So have a cheat day it's good for you. ;-) ;-)
Great idea! I'm with you; I don't like to sweat either! I also have disc problems and other health issues. It is good to know that we have options. Have a great day.

Someone once told me they don't like to exercise because they don't like to sweat and if they wanted to sweat they would wrap themself up in an electric blanket. It was my feeling exactly. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-14-2010, 04:21 PM

Dinner tonight... it's not a 0 point soup this time because I'm eating it as a meal and wanted hubby to have some too. So, in addition to the summer squash, onions, celery, and carrots, there's corn, garbanzo beans, and whole wheat pasta. Lots of garlic, basil, and dill, some salt. Two cartons of NO salt beef broth and two small cans of tomato paste. Yum!

I love cutting up veggies.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7341[/ATTACH]

add the spices
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7342[/ATTACH]

wah la!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7594[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-7341.jpe
Views:	16
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	7341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-7342.jpe
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	7342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-7594.jpe
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	7594  
Old 02-14-2010, 04:30 PM

Hi everyone, I took the advice to have a cheat day today (what better day than Valentine's Day). I have been stuck for a little bit at the same weight and decided to give myself a break with some Mexican food tonight. MMMMM, it tasted so good, but I did feel some guilt eating outside of my normal menu. Hope this helps rev up the old metabolism. I don't think I'll weigh myself, for a while.

Karla: Your soup looks DELICIOUS!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:39 PM

Yum! What a wonderful meal! Karla, you have a way of getting us all to SEE how good it is to eat right!

Sounds like people are managing to stick to their plans! Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

I will be weighing in tomorrow morning instead of today, as I have been under the weather, and did not even get up this morning.

'Til tomorrow...
Old 02-14-2010, 07:42 PM

Quilt Mom I hope you are feeling better. Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow.

Carole
Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by barnbum
Dinner tonight... it's not a 0 point soup this time because I'm eating it as a meal and wanted hubby to have some too. So, in addition to the summer squash, onions, celery, and carrots, there's corn, garbanzo beans, and whole wheat pasta. Lots of garlic, basil, and dill, some salt. Two cartons of NO salt beef broth and two small cans of tomato paste. Yum!
Oh, my gosh! That is beautiful.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:56 AM

Love the pictures of the soup Karla!! Well, I lost 1 lb this week and I am happy about it. That makes 10lbs total for me since I started. I've always heard that a 1 to 2 lbs loss is a healthy, weekly weight loss. Besides I'm looking at how that one lb gave me the sum of 10 lbs!!
I also plan on adding exercises to tone soon, so I want to consider the suggestions you girls have made like planks or pilates. Thanks and have a great day!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:40 AM

Lneal--CONGRATS!!!! That is fabulous!!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:27 AM

I had not been getting these messages for a few days, so decided I had better get back into it. At my Weight Watchers meeting last Thursday I had lost 2.6lbs. This was a great surprise because the Thursday before (when I had only lost .2lbs) I had driven to Minneapolis to visit my two daughters for five nights and did not eat the best (but not the worst either) while there. What must have saved me was that I had exercised everyday I was there, and I hate to exercise. Now I know that I can't talk myself out of it even when I stay on track food wise.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:53 AM

Boy I missed one day, and everyone has sure posted a lot of great information, weight losses, ideas for working out, and rewarding ourselves.
I think it would be fun if we came up with a reward for ourself. In WWs it is a Bravo, and believe me, sometimes I ask for one just for showing up at the meeting. Then stars for certain goals. I got a gold charm of clapping hands for 16 weeks in WW, and I was very proud when the leader presented it to me.

I agree that we do need to reward ourselves. We have all be working very hard for several weeks now. I think it is about time to reward ourselves.

So I proposed that we each set a goal for ourselves. It can be anything you want, set even more than one goal if you'd like.
Short term weight loss goal, exercising 3 times a week, maybe an attitude adjustment, making better food choices (like not ordering Taco Bell), drinking more water. Then choose a reward. Maybe a fat quarter, a star on the calendar, a new top, a tattoo (that is what DH got for his losses), a new CD, or workout video or weights to work out with, the pilates restraint cords. Whatever you feel you can afford, need, or deserve, something that will motivate you.
It would be fun to hear about your goals, when you reach them and how you rewarded yourself. We spend so much time beating ourselves up for not being good enough, having a bad day, lots of other negative thoughts, so let's to something positive. Any takers? What goals would you set? How would you reward yourself?