Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What skill do you have that you never use, or never hope to use? >

What skill do you have that you never use, or never hope to use?

What skill do you have that you never use, or never hope to use?

Old 03-29-2018, 11:14 AM

Mojo11. we live in FL., and I can buy at Stein-Mart. This is another skill we don't have to wear long sleeved shirts very often. LOL
Old 03-29-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by yolajean View Post
Oil painting, which I love. Started painting after taking some classes with my sister who is an amazing artist. Did some very nice portraits of my grandchildren but don't paint any more. Love, love, loved it! If you do not use these skills, you do lose them. At least I believe that I cannot do it anymore.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]591860[/ATTACH]
That is so beautiful. You are so talented. I can't draw a stickman.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:16 PM

yolajean, your paintings are just amazing!
Old 03-30-2018, 02:17 AM

Yolajean, what amazing treasures for your grandchildren! My Mom was a quite talented painter but didn’t like painting. She said it was enormously difficult and stressed her out. I think it’s because she could be such a perfectionist. We all treasure what she painted (some from when she was as young as 9 years old).

I learned to crochet but don’t want to do it anymore. I discovered my mind wanders, and I lose count regularly. I also learned CPR at work and was glad I never needed to use it. I did have to use the heimlich on my son once. I hope that never happens again. One of my numerous jobs in life was filing by check number. I was accurate, but started dreaming about numbers and woke up nauseous. I was so happy to be promoted to the mail department. I relearned algebra to help my son with homework. It made my head spin. Hmmmmmm, I seem to have an issue with things related to numbers.