iPad Issue

Old 03-29-2018, 06:59 PM

I just had to buy a new one because I could not update it. I had too much "stuff" on it including 8000 pictures. It was bought about the same time. I removed everything from it and gave it to my grandson...works fine now.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by husker67 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone else has trouble with their iPad freezing up. I bought mine in 2014 and for the past few months it just stops cold. I can unfreeze it by turning the iPad off and restarting it. Maybe it's the beginning of the end for this tablet.
I was having a lot of problems with mine being very slow, locking up so took it to the apple store and mine was going on 6 yrs. they said as they age they do slowdown a lot. The same day I did this anothe4 person was telling the same story I told with hers and hers was 5. I got my new one and BOY what a difference! They have come down a lot in price too.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Grandma View Post
I had that very problem. Just got a new battery and it works great. Cost me $95.00. Lots less than a nerd iPad. Good luck.
I didn't realize I could change the battery. Guess I'll check into that Thanks.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:31 PM

Yes, I do get rid of history. Thanks
Old 03-30-2018, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

momsbusy, thanks for mentioning the $100 trade-in. I checked Best Buy, which is where I like to shop, and they offer the trade-in too. That is going to make a new iPad more affordable for me, as my 4th gen (same as yours, I think) is annoyingly slow. Interestingly enough, the new iPad ($329 mfsr) is considerably less than my old one was.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by husker67 View Post
I always update it. Right now it's 11.2.6 version. It freezes on everything....Facebook, games, etc. The nearest Apple store is Orlando, an hr away. I didn't realize it could be recharged by them.
Thanks, ladies. Appreciate your input.
Before you drive so far, try just turning it off for a while. Completely off. When you finally turn it back on, most problems will solve themselves. I did not understand the difference between shutting it down, (quick click on the button) verses turning it completely off ( press and hold the same button until the “slider” shows up) then just slide on the screen. It was pretty funny at the Mac store when they figured out what the problem was. (I do seem to spend a lot of time with flaming cheeks whenever I have to go to the Mac store for “problems”). Thank goodness mine is close to me.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:28 AM

Eventually your iPad will be too old for updates, which is the case with mine. I can no longer update the iPad, and have turned off automatic updates to my apps. I don't update many apps, and then only seldom. One doesn't update unless my iPad is connected to my computer - which I completely don't understand but at least it works. My iPad has been reduced to email, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and a few games. Every so often it needs to be completely powered down and left to sit. Since I fly regularly and there is always an electronics reminder, I power down for flights even though I don't have cell capacity.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Mine did this a couple years ago and again today. It wouldn’t even power off. I held the power button in and at the same time press and hold the Home button for at least 10 seconds. The screen went black and the Apple appeared and I let go. It is working just fine again.