I'm A Curious Person

Old 04-05-2018, 04:00 AM

This is a good board someone at my sewing retreat shared it with me years ago, I personally do not but much information about my self on boards or facebook. I have been using social media for many years and I just keep it short it is not safe to have to much information about yourself on these type of media's that is my opinion. I always tell people that I look at to much television.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:25 AM

Default Personal Information

I guess I'm the dissenter in the group. People's profiles are something that I have absolutely no interest in. I love reading the message streams, and have clicked on many links for additional information. I enjoy the quilts that are posted; but "more information" about the person adds nothing (for me) to the information set forth in the post. I'm not going to enjoy the quilt any more or any less knowing someone's age, whether they are married or single, what their hobbies are, etc. It's like when I'm at a quilt show. I read the name on the attached card, and details about the construction, and I marvel at the quilt. I need know nothing else.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:58 AM

yes - but LI is not a town so it would be hard to find somebody!! I just wish everybody would put their town. If I felt I wanted to know more I would PM but knowing the town is enough for me and it's fun to know where all this is happening. Sometimes it even makes the posts meaningful.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

I don't need to know the personal info about anyone, but I do go to profiles to hopefully see their projects and photo albums. I'm always disappointed when there's nothing there. Wish everyone would take pictures!
Old 04-05-2018, 06:42 AM

I like Jan in VA suggestions about albums of one's quilts....did not know one could do that. I like the 'unknown' factor on QB board, taking each advice and help and appreciating it. Marveling at each wonderful job of quilting even though I don't always say it on line. Its a wonderful way of getting acquainted and making new online friends...that will offer up wonderful advice on quilting. Because of my area posted on profile, I meet the most wonderful quilter who has shared time with me to drive me to medical appointments I needed and on the Iowa all quilt shop hops. Trips my dh could no longer able to do. Thus I can still see, thanks to her for those trips to Des Moines that she volunteered for. Also helped me quilt better by taking some of her local classes. I value her opinions and her faith and the times she does so much for her family and friends who need the help. Yes, I love the Quilting Board the way it is and the way people help one another. If only its just advice, I treasure every word. I listen and I learn.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:45 AM

You can’t live your life full of fear. I do need to update my profile though.
I just move back to Barbados my land of birth after living in Boston since 1969. I’m retired from teaching in the Boston Public School ( 4/ 5th grade ) after 34 years. My husband became a Barbadian citizen about 2 years and he absolutely loves Barbados. We are getting involved in my church where I grew up and it’s good to life a slower pace of life. Weather is in the eighties every day.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:52 AM

Well, Oistin, you've managed to make me very envious as we had 8" of new snow just a couple of days ago! I do like to see where people are and am disappointed when someone hasn't filled that part in. People in the same cities could share information about sales at local quilt shops, or if a quilt shop is going out of business. (Just recently I discovered by chance that a local shop was going out of business and everything was being sold at 70% off. The shop hadn't notified their regular customers - or at least no one notified me.)
Old 04-05-2018, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I don't need to know the personal info about anyone, but I do go to profiles to hopefully see their projects and photo albums. I'm always disappointed when there's nothing there. Wish everyone would take pictures!
I know I am really bad about that. I should try an do better this year
Old 04-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Lets be real.. How is someone going to find anyone by the city and town they live in. With made up names. If you haven't broken a law why would you think someone would look for you?

Being paranoid does not enhance my life.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:22 PM

Jingle....I really really like you! You crack me up...all the time....with your no nonsense.... I bet you keep your family on their toes.....Lol! I always look forward to reading your comments for my giggle of the day, though, you may not be intending to be funny. So refreshing...