Winter 2018 I Spy Swap

Old 04-05-2018, 05:43 PM

Mine came today. They look great!

Thanks for hosting, Rena. You did a great job.

bkay
Old 04-06-2018, 08:39 AM

I received my package yesterday and will go through them tomorrow night. I took a peak at the visible fabrics, and so far I've seen some cute squares!
Old 04-06-2018, 01:59 PM

I got mine, LOVE all the variety Going to start shopping a few a week towards the next round.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:25 PM

What fun to receive my package and go through all the little baggies - not a duplicate in the bunch and a fun variety of prints! Thanks, Rena, for hosting the swap - great job!!
Old 04-07-2018, 07:46 AM

Yay I got mine! Yay I got mine! So many fun prints. Super excited to start playing!!
Old 04-07-2018, 07:47 AM

Forgot to mention. I'm on my phone but I'll give positive feedback when I get back home. Thanks to all my swappers!
Old 04-08-2018, 07:06 AM

Anyone get an extra baggie? Just curious as I only received 15. No biggie was just wondering
Old 04-09-2018, 10:49 AM

I went through all the packages last night! (I did not get any extra; sorry you're missing one, redstilettos! I did get one of mine back, so I'd be more than happy to send it to you if you'd like! It was the one with nuts in case you already have one...)

I received several farm related blocks, so I went through them and set the farm blocks aside (pigs, chickens, tractors, horses, etc). Now I have some perfect blocks to help me change a 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" block, if needed, or to just fill out holes when I go to make my "Farm Block" quilt. I need to dig through my other squares because I know I have a lot more! I also go through and pull out blocks I want for myself in one very large I spy quilt (inspired by a king size one someone posted on an older thread. Not sure if I'd ever have grandkids, and definitely not in a hurry there!, but it would be a fun fort-building quilt )

These have come in handy for more than just I spy quilts!
Old 04-09-2018, 04:25 PM

Sleepy, thanks for the offer. I LOVE your nut fabric. Made me hungry looking at it. It's all good. Save your goodies, I think rena's sending me one. Even though I said it wasn't necessary.

I don't have grandbabies, yet, either, but I plan on starting now, so I can take my time and enjoy. King size! What an undertaking. Good thing you can trade for some new fabrics....that big boy is going to take a Lot of squares!!

I had so much fun with this swap. I can't wait for the next one. When do they normally happen? Quarterly? Or more often?

I'm going to Nancy's Notions big quilting weekend, and she always has fq's at great prices. Now I'll start looking for novelty fabrics, too. Well...along with everything else!
Old 04-10-2018, 04:45 PM

Seems like everyone has received their bag of treats. Thanks for the offer to share with red - but I have already put a set in the mail to her.

you are all a great bunch of swappers and I am glad to have each one of you aboard. You all make it worth the work.

Finallygot my cast off and into a removable brace - definitely glad to be able to really wash my hair! And go back Thur to check that my MRSA in my eye is gone. I have fought staph infections for over 2 mos. So am hoping for a good culture.

Happy dreams of I Spy fabrics and quilts!