Oh!!! I love that design!!!
Old 04-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilt, quilting and pattern.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty quilt.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:37 AM

What a grand gift you are giving the happy couple. It is lovely.

I like the name of the pattern..made me think of my son and golfing. I plan to machine embroider golf designs on blocks for him. I think this pattern is perfect as the chevron blocks can be the golf course path. Can you tell me the size of the blocks? Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:37 AM

Very lovely quilt. I made this pattern for my youngest son out of Dr. Who fabric. This is a pattern that can be adapted from a lap size to king quilt and works great with lots of different fabrics. Love how you fussy cut the roses for the big blocks, great job, they will love it.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:56 AM
DJ

Very pretty. Will make a lovely anniversary gift.

I just tried some embroidery machine quilting on a small mat the other day. My machine isn't big enough to do a large quilt like that unless I did QAYG which I've never tried before.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:48 AM

Love that rose print & the way you centered the bouquets. Beautiful quilt. Kathy
Old 04-13-2018, 11:08 AM

That's really nice!
Old 04-13-2018, 12:41 PM

A stunning quilt! Your fabric is beautiful and your piecing and quilting superb.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
... I plan to machine embroider golf designs on blocks for him. I think this pattern is perfect as the chevron blocks can be the golf course path. Can you tell me the size of the blocks? Thank you for sharing.
I like your idea because my DH is a golfer. The pattern calls for 10" finished blocks, but because of the size of the flower bouquets and the amount of fabric I had available, I made them a little smaller. It was much easier for me to cut them with a 9 1//2" square ruler, so I had to adapt the hst's to fit the 9" finished size. Sadly, I realized that about the bouquets after I'd already cut the hst's and had to cut them down to work, which was wasteful, but otherwise, there would have been more parts of other bouquets showing around the edges of my squares, and I wouldn't have been able to make the border the size I wanted.

It shouldn't be too hard to adapt them to whatever size you want. The finished size of my quilt is 58", and the original, with somewhat different size borders, was a little bigger. The pattern doesn't show fussy cut squares, but I couldn't bear to cut across those bouquets. The fabric stayed in my stash a long time because it was too pretty to cut - LOL. I had never done such big fussy cuts before and was shocked at how much fabric it used to do that for such a small quilt. I actually had to piece 3 of the 4 borders, which are only 6" wide before sewing and were cut lengthwise. I started with 3 yards of the green fabric. I have lots of leftover pieces, but nothing wider than 6". But it's for very special friends!

The pattern is available for download: http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfp...paign=PPCgpGen The printed version is probably still available from other sources as well. Google "Walkabout quilt" and there are lots of examples. It's a keeper, and I plan to use it again. It would be great for just about anyone because the feature fabric you pick will set the theme.