Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do any of you do quilting subscription boxes? >

Do any of you do quilting subscription boxes?

Do any of you do quilting subscription boxes?

Old 04-14-2018, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

You can see the difference in the boxes on You Tube. Lots of reveals there from every month. One you tube shows the different boxs and reviews each one. Sew Sampler is the least expensive and has pre cuts in each box , a pattern for the fabric, along with various tools and gadgets. I got the Curvy Log Cabin ruler last month, also got Dave Lasco Corner ruler in one box. The Quilty Box has a project and supplies you need to make the pattern in the box, like a kit of sorts. Sew Sampler is more for the quilter wanting to try new items. Quilty Box is for the quilter who wants to try new designer patterns and techniques.
T

Spoiler Alert for The Fat Quarter Seasonal Nesting Box that came yesterday. (bigger box then the regular monthly one)

Ornate pair of nice scissors
Aurifil 80wt thread
Roxanne Dip and Dab glue
Chalk Wheel
Large silicone bobbin holder
Very nice quilt label
Quilt pattern
Template set for quilt blocks
Full size pattern
travel size Moda book of No Math quilt charts
A layer cake of beautiful prints to make the quilt pattern ( you add the background)
Old 04-14-2018, 06:28 AM

I’ve seen reveals of the quilts box and do not care for what they offer as most have tended to be modern which is not my jam. Fat quarter puts nice stuff in their boxes but I gravitate toward darker, civil war type fabrics and styles.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

There are some subscription boxes you can decide what you like, traditional, modern, baby, 30's, Civil War, etc. There are many subscription boxes offered. Some you probably never heard of like Stash Builders, Quilter's Candy Box, Quilt Crate, Patchwork Parcel, Cotton Cuts, and many more. There is a subscription for every interest now like crafting, crochet, knit, baking, woodworking, puzzles, gardening, the list is almost endless.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:52 AM

Thank you all. Looking back through images of past boxes, I did go with the Sew Sampler for now. I loved every one of the past kits. I don't know what that particular style is called (modern?) but it suited my taste. I also ordered the Nesting Box seasonal one. Having almost no sewing supplies, surely everything I get will be helpful at some point. I kind of like the idea of a single project each month to begin with, so I don't accumulate too much at first.

I will also check into the others. The Quilter's Candy Box looks nice, but a bit pricier.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:53 AM

No. I pay too much for fabric to buy anything that may end up to be not to my personal taste at all.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

It is a fun gift to yourself every month. I spend more on other stuff I don't need. I am not a frugal quilter. LOL
Old 04-14-2018, 03:13 PM
Power Poster

No, not an interest to me. I have many, many yards of fabrics I am trying to use.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:35 AM

I had ordered the sampler from the fat quarter shop when it began. Loved every box. Some things were useless to me, and a few times the gadgets were cheap. But overall I over each box. I stopped after almost a year cause I wasn't using the fabrics as much as the supplies. Was considering starting again, but i really want to use up my stash
Old 04-15-2018, 05:27 AM

Never had a subscription like that, but I've bought scrap bags a couple of times. I think that was when I got stuck with The World's Ugliest Fabric (tm) and a lot of other things I'll never use. What am I going to do with a quarter yard of pink Betty Boop flannel?
Old 04-15-2018, 05:43 AM

No, just no interest in them.