Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric kits for McKenna Ryan quilt patterns >

Fabric kits for McKenna Ryan quilt patterns

Fabric kits for McKenna Ryan quilt patterns

Old 04-21-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
Creative Quilt Kits in Brighton, Michigan is where I got my kit of "This Otter Be Fun".
Google says this store is closed.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
This one looks like it is the patterns only-no fabric
Old 04-22-2018, 03:19 AM

Default Finding Fabrics for McKenna Ryan's patterns

I have just recently found McKenna's lovely patterns. I had the same problem finding fabrics. When the patterns are first released, the exact fabrics she uses are available on her site and on sites that carry Hoffman batiks, etc. But after a while, Hoffman retires the fabrics. The kits with fabrics are usually very hard to find. But, that being said, she does list each fabric and the amount. Perhaps you can match the colors and approximate patterns by searching your favorite online store or brick and mortar stores that carry batiks. I searched for fabrics, made a chart form with the fabrics I found and now I am using that chart to go through my stash to find the fabrics I need.

I hope this helps a little.

Oh, and on her site under tips, she does give lists of fabrics from the kits, some have pics of the fabrics, others do not.
https://www.pineneedles.com/Fabric-Lists-s/1876.htm
The above link will take you to an alphabetic listing of patterns and Dog Park is listed. There is only a list of fabrics.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:37 AM

Online shop, Batiks Plus, carries all Hoffman batiks. Site is easily searchable by fabric requirements listed on the patterns, or give them a call.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:18 AM

Thanks, All. I got the fabric list and started going through my stashes, for a starter. Appreciate all your help.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:46 AM

Just a suggestion: I absolutely think McKenna's fabrics are gorgeous, and have bough a few yards here and there. But for the most part, her fabrics are out of my budget, especially to complete an entire quilt of hers! Part of the fun for me was finding fabrics bit by bit from my stash and elsewhere to complete the quilts. Here are two I've completed:
https://i.imgur.com/P5jSUwr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bhEaqZn.jpg
I know that doesn't answer your question, but I just thought I'd mention that it can be done without her fabrics.