Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Presto 2 >

Baby Lock Presto 2

Baby Lock Presto 2

Old 04-21-2018, 05:57 PM

Default Baby Lock Presto 2

Does anyone own this machine? Is it good? Would you recommend it as a new purchase? Thank you for your input.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:29 PM

Is this a new model? I have the BL crescendo for general use, quilters pro for just straight stitching which I bought years ago to go on a Grace frame (which I no longer use), and the mid arm coronet for quilting. I like them all. I had a BL xcape which is light weight for classes but gave it to my daughter when she went off to college. BL comes out with a lot of new machines and sometimes just changes the name like my quilters pro was changed to the Jane and the xcape was changed to the Audrey.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:39 PM

I used a Babylock Presto in Paducah for a class this past week. I was not impressed with it and my friend who was also in the class was not either. Some people did like them and they sold several of the class machines, probably because they sold them for half price. Mine would basically stop sewing, I would have to turn it off and back on, and the foot pedal was not very responsive. I used the thread cutter and it caused the bobbin thread to come out of the bobbin tension unit. I'll stick with my Pfaff machines!
Old 04-22-2018, 01:54 PM

I have several Baby locks. 3 Elizabeth's which look to be about the same as the Presto2 and 1 Crescendo. They have all worked perfectly for me with no problems that Ginaky described above.

I have 3 Elizabeth's......one I bought new, my first, then the other 2 "used" as they were trade-ins for upgrades to combo embroidery/sewing machines. I guess I was that pleased with the first to get one for our vacation home and one for going to sewing days.
Of course I love my Babylock dealer which also sells Phaff and other machines.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:23 PM

I think the particular machine I used had problems--most of the others didn't, or I didn't hear anyone say. But one of the ladies who was in class the day before said the one I used had problems. The USB port didn't work on it, either. I have nothing against Babylock machines, or Brother machines for that matter. Just the one I used.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:10 AM

Do you know about how much I should expect to pay for this machine? I want to make sure I’m not being overcharged.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:50 PM

Default Babylock Presto II

I have this machine and absolutely love it. It does.everything for you, no learning curve, true needle threader!! I think I paid around$630 for mine with an extended warranty.
I bought the bought the singer 4423 first and disliked it from day one. I went to sewing place to trade it in and buy a Bernina but fell in love with the Presto.