Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If Your Machine Could Talk >

If Your Machine Could Talk

If Your Machine Could Talk

Old 03-18-2018, 04:25 AM

Lol, these gals sure have a lot to say.
Mine would often say "THE MANUAL, THE MANUAL, for once just read the manual first!" I like playing with the fancy features.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:25 AM

My "Zippy" is a Janome 1600P QC and I LOVE her. She's my best friend. We are together every day, one happy duo. She will only straight stitch but she does it at lightning speed. She mostly grins instead of talking when I put the pedal to the medal! Because she's more of a professional model, I clean and oil her every time I change the bobbin. She's happy I am so busy with her and makes my life easier. She'll fill bobbins while sewing, self threads, knee lifts, reverses, and has a reliable auto thread cutter. I love her so much I wish I could give her oil filled chocolates!
Old 03-18-2018, 09:37 AM

My Phaff Expression 3.5 would say "Ahhhhhhhhh". Just back from cleaning and repair. But I rode her hard the last couple days on FMQ. My Singer 404 is currently getting fixed, at least I hope it is fixable. So I hope I hear some Ahhhhhhhs out of her soon. My White Rotary is waiting on me to refinish her cabinet and not too pleased with the wait or me. She wants to get dressed again! The feaherweight came out to play the other day so she is saying, " thanks for the fresh air". The other Phaff doesn't say much at all except maybe she misses going to guild so she can meet the other machines there. I haven't given any of my machines names. They might like to have one though.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:28 AM

Mine machines would say "stop swearing"!

HettyB
Old 03-18-2018, 12:03 PM
DJ

What a great thread!

When I was trying to use the wrong ruffler attachment on my machine, it was saying, "These needles taste so good!"

Now it's saying "I'm so cumfy in my new home [sewing table]. Don't I look pretty? Although I could really use a lovely little quilt to keep the dust off when I'm just relaxing!"
Old 03-18-2018, 04:40 PM

I think mine would say, You sure you want to try that?
Old 04-27-2018, 06:19 AM

This woman thinks she needs a new machine before she can learn FMQ and she's only used me once. I'm surrounded by stacks of brand new fabrics but I'm just sitting here gathering dust.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:18 AM

my 8900 would say "thank you thank you thank you for keeping my bobbin area unfuzzed. I can't do my best if part of me isn't at its best"
My treadle would say "I've been set up here in front of the window for ages, aren't you ever going to sit down and make a patch?" It doesn't know I ordered it something really special for it off ebay last night
Old 04-27-2018, 07:40 AM

My old Viking (fancy electronic one) would say, "Please get me out of this stuffed, dark closet!" I would have to tell her, "Sorry, you're broke and can't be fixed."

M little cheapy Walmart Singer would say, "Goody. another day of fun and exercise!"
Old 04-27-2018, 07:50 AM

Mine would be telling me to take her in for much needed maintenance. She would also ask me why I am spending so much time with the other machine I've been working on.