Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 05-09-2018, 03:03 AM

I won't be joining for boom 21 I have too much on my plate for the summer months and I don't want to commit and disappoint. I had a lot of fun participating in boom 20 and hope to join in 22. Is the cycle normally one during the summer and one after Christmas?

I should also add that I would like to join the 9-patch swap and I know I won't have time to do double swaps.

Last edited by maudeflanagan; 05-09-2018 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:07 AM

Maude, there’s really no set schedule for the Booms, but there are usually two per year, give or take. There’s often a longer gap between them but this time I can’t run another one later, it’s got to be very soon or not until the end of the year. Do check in though. Look forward to having you in future Booms. FYI, if you’re like s lot of us, I think you’ll find the 9Ps work up quickly, especially if you do multiples of the same fabric, and they are addictive! I was planning to join the next round but I’ve made, and am still making them, that I’ve got enough for at least two, maybe three tops right now. Lol.
Originally Posted by maudeflanagan View Post
I won't be joining for boom 21 I have too much on my plate for the summer months and I don't want to commit and disappoint. I had a lot of fun participating in boom 20 and hope to join in 22. Is the cycle normally one during the summer and one after Christmas?

I should also add that I would like to join the 9-patch swap and I know I won't have time to do double swaps.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:10 AM

I’m keeling over right now as I type this!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Jayne the only way I can keep from constantly changing my fabric is by cutting the fabric out. Think I have enough boom fabric for about 10 more booms. Oops bet that gave you a fright Janice
Old 05-09-2018, 04:17 AM

Terramn, are you sure that isn’t plugged into a electrical outlet? Omgosh, it’s wild! You did an amazing job with it. Congratulations!
Surprise surprise a finished boom quilt. Presenting Shock Wave

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594172[/ATTACH]
Old 05-09-2018, 04:20 AM

Not that you asked, but I vote for the martini fabric.
Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
Terri, your quilts look great. Your husband will love the cigar quilt.
Sewbiz - Very nice fabric for boom 21

I have found my boom 21 fabric. I came accross a quilt shop going out of business (sad) & she was selling her fabric for $3. a yard. I went a little crazy. Somewhere in this stack is my boom 21 fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]594206[/ATTACH]
Old 05-09-2018, 04:22 AM

The quickness of the blocks is why I would like to join. I will be starting my Christmas quilts soon (I have 4 to make) and I will be working on my sewing room soon, so I won't have a place to work for an unknown amount of time. I also bought a BOM, and I haven't even started it. I also want to get my Boom 20 quilt together. I don't like having unfinished things laying about.

Busy busy summer! I will be watching on the Boom 21 thread for sure. It's a lovely experience even if you aren't participating.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Maude, there’s really no set schedule for the Booms, but there are usually two per year, give or take. There’s often a longer gap between them but this time I can’t run another one later, it’s got to be very soon or not until the end of the year. Do check in though. Look forward to having you in future Booms. FYI, if you’re like s lot of us, I think you’ll find the 9Ps work up quickly, especially if you do multiples of the same fabric, and they are addictive! I was planning to join the next round but I’ve made, and am still making them, that I’ve got enough for at least two, maybe three tops right now. Lol.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:45 AM

I hope I won’t be over committing myself also with the lake and the booms but hoping that I am correct that this will actually work out better in early summer versus late summer.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:03 AM

FYI, just opened up the gallery to all Booms 15 through 20. Take a look if you're into a bit of nostalgia. I'll keep them open a couple of weeks. Enjoy!
Old 05-09-2018, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

Maude, hope you will still visit Boom 21 and chat!

Janice, thanks for the extended gallery.

p.s. I thought the martini fabric was funny too... on the heels of a beer quilt!
Old 05-09-2018, 07:25 AM

I absolutely love this paper doll fabric. How fun!!!
My fabrics for boom 21

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594212[/ATTACH]