Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • About Anti-Fatigue Mats?? >
  • About Anti-Fatigue Mats??

• About Anti-Fatigue Mats??

Old 05-12-2018, 07:52 PM

A friend just bought a (horse) stall mat. Not pretty, but large (4' x 8' I think) and very effective. She's using it in a workout room (yoga, weights, why? why? why?) and is really happy with it.
    Old 05-12-2018, 09:06 PM

I too bought the horse stall mat at TSC when it was on sale. Had it cut into 2 pieces. Perfect in front of cutting table and in front of iron board. Less than $40 for two & they are nice & thick to stand on
    Old 05-12-2018, 09:09 PM

Paid less than $40 and got two mats is what I was trying to say. Very good to stand on also
    Old 05-13-2018, 04:31 AM

Do you have a janitorial supply house in your town? They should be helpful in showing you what is available in the kind of mats you want. We have a similar business in our town which is in the USA. Good luck.
    Old 05-13-2018, 05:58 AM

Just attended a Quilt Conference where they talked about these mats and making sure they are antistatic especially if they are in front of your quilting machine so you don't fry your electronics. It never occurred to me to be concerned.
    Old 05-13-2018, 07:20 AM

We have a floor mat in front of the kitchen sink from Costco and it seems to work well.
    Old 05-13-2018, 01:04 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

QuiltE, I checked on Amazon for anti-fatigue floor mats and then narrowed the choice down to reviews of 4 stars and better for you. There are some for less than $40 with good reviews. Read the reviews on the site by scrolling to the bottom of the page for the individual mat you are interested in; I think that will help you narrow down your decision.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...nid=2661617011

Jan in VA, who has gotten to the point that I can no longer live without Amazon reviews before buying!
    Old 05-13-2018, 03:46 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    QuiltE, I checked on Amazon for anti-fatigue floor mats and then narrowed the choice down to reviews of 4 stars and better for you. There are some for less than $40 with good reviews. Read the reviews on the site by scrolling to the bottom of the page for the individual mat you are interested in; I think that will help you narrow down your decision.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...nid=2661617011

Jan in VA, who has gotten to the point that I can no longer live without Amazon reviews before buying!
    Thanks Jan in VA ... for doing so. The prices are pretty darned intriguing, until I check Amazon.CA as they go up-up-up! I will read the reviews and see what I glean from them along with the Canadian reviews. I've also been checking out U-Line as they have several possibilities too. Maybe I will be lucky enough to find reviews for some of them on Amazon too!

Thanks Everyone for all your input ...
    Old 05-13-2018, 06:28 PM

I am a cosmetologist and have used one for 35 years, You can read and see prices for a professional mat with a price up to $300. Mine has lasted for 30 years, has been flooded 5 or 6 times just pull up and let dry outside. These are wonderful, I caught mine on sale(these go on sale 2 or 3 times a year, do not need to be a professional to buy) for about $120.