Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Would you want to be a British "Royal"? >

Would you want to be a British "Royal"?

Would you want to be a British "Royal"?

Old 05-15-2018, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

I would not want to be any royal. The life is not all peaches and cream. They all always in the public eye. Security guards all the time. No thanks.

Thousands of years ago, someone "took" power, and now we treat them all with kid gloves.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:52 AM

To be honest I think some aspects of royalty are rather silly and useless. I find it interesting but it kind of goes
against my grain that the royal family are "royal" just by being born. I don't know if British taxpayers foot some of the expense of having royalty but it seems kind of a waste to me. However i did love watching The Crown, Reign, Victoria, and other tv shows and movies about royalty throughout history.
That being said, no, I wouldn't want to be royalty but I wouldn't mind it for a day or two!

Last edited by janjanq; 05-15-2018 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

Yes without a doubt. The best possible future for my kids, best health care, best security, best education, best of everything available for me and my family.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:11 AM
mac

I wonder if Megan had this conversation with herself? I also wonder if she is going to regret it after a while?

For me, I am too much of a flibberty gibbet, and probably would get kicked out of the royal line. However, having said that, the 'no housework and no cooking for yourself' sounds pretty darn good. On the other hand, don't think that there are any quilters in the royal line. So, the answer would have to be 'no'.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:18 AM

I was struck by a recent program narrated by the late Princess Diana in which she spoke of Charles"s jealousy of her. He comes across as a "sourpuss" anyway and seems to show little sympathy for folks. I don't think his nannies did him any favors. Diana did a good job of instilling some "humanity" in the boys.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:46 AM

No, I would not. I felt so sorry for Kate after her last baby, how she was expected to wear a designer dress and four inch heels within 12 hours of birth, plus subjecting herself to a makeup team too. I wish people would cut her some slack and let her leave the hospital in peace and in something comfortable, like flats. Now everyone will be watching to see how much baby weight she has lost at the wedding this Saturday. I feel bad for her. No, I wouldn't want all that attention myself.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:03 AM

And I just watched a program on Queen Elizabeth that suggested that Charles and Anne didn't get much attention from their mother partly due to her becoming queen at such an early age. She traveled extensively and left them behind a lot.
Old 05-15-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
rumor has it that for the family Christmas they exchange home made or simple gifts. So- maybe.
I read that they give gifts that make them laugh. The new women who is getting married gave the Queen a talking hamster. She loved it because her dog ran in and grabbed.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:26 PM

I think I would like to try it out. There are rules in all lives so it would be finding out if it is easier to deal with those rules over the ones that govern my life now. There would be lots of advantages and as many have said it would provide a way to help in big ways like Lady Diana did which brought so much awareness.

The hardest part would be the spotlight on you nonstop and always needing to be mindful.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:37 PM

It would depend on what country....but would certainly be the best of everything for self and family.....