Accuquilt go big dies

Old 05-22-2018, 05:19 AM

I have the Studio 2, but when I bought my machine I had the same problem you have of selecting the right dies. I decided to get the ones used in precuts because I know there are plenty of patterns for pre-cuts. Later on, I picked up variety a few at a time during sales. My favorite die is a GO! die that I use with an adapter. It is the LeMoyne Star.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:07 PM

The website is slow and poorly designed which makes it terribly difficult to navigate. I suggest you download a PDF catalog and save it to your PC to study carefully as you plan die purchases.

https://www.accuquilt.com/media/refc...018-Spring.pdf
Old 05-22-2018, 04:08 PM

Strip dies are suggested for cutting and sub cutting scraps, but I purchased a multi cut 2" finished square and 1/2 square die and spent a few days just cutting all my scraps. Now I have several trays of all these separated by coordinating colors ready to go. Have been saving patterns for 2" blocks in Pinterst and as soon as I am finished with my latest project going to dive in. (I did take the time to spray starch and press my scraps before cutting. I usually starch everything I cut because I think it prevents stretching.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:29 PM

Patty's Sewing Center in San Antonio is an authorized dealer for Accuquilt. The Quilt Haus in New Braunfels is also an authorized dealer. I found these on the Accuquilt website.

I didn't look on their personal websites but they may have information about classes using the Accuquilt die system.

I have the Go! and the Go!Big. I love my Go!Big.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:22 PM

I love my Accuquilt Go Big--it's so easy! I run through lots of fabric as strips--I have the strip die bundle and mostly use the 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1" strips for strip quilts. Not only strips, but you can then cross-cut them with the strip dies too. I also like the squares, and since most of my blocks are 12.5", I have that size Qube, which gives you many different shapes. I'd suggest you think about how you use your scrapes--or would like to use them, and then purchase those dies.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:29 AM

I don't have the big but I have the regular size, it came with a die that had several sizes, mostly for a box of scraps that I had I did the the 4in ones then the two in size. Check to see if yours comes with any dies first. I found the best place to buy my dies was on ebay, great value packs at great prices.