"Weigh In"

Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 AM

Come on, everyone!! You can do this. Before any questionable morsel passes your lips ask "Do I want to eat this more OR do I want to lose weight more?"

Well--sometimes it works. In my investigations it works for meat--but not for chocolate. :lol:
Old 02-16-2010, 05:26 AM

April, I don't know what to say. I had no idea there was such a condition. I will be thinking of you. I hope your day goes well, and things don't flair up.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Come on, everyone!! You can do this. Before any questionable morsel passes your lips ask "Do I want to eat this more OR do I want to lose weight more?"

Well--sometimes it works. In my investigations it works for meat--but not for chocolate. :lol:
LOL!

:lol:
Old 02-16-2010, 10:58 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by barnbum

:-) Yes, I am talking to myself a lot these days! I decided some time ago (I think about the time someone decided chocolate was good for you) that if I'm going to eat a little chocolate, it's going to be the best chocolate I can afford. I keep a couple Godiva bars in my file for those emergencies and to give friends when they are having a bad day. Funny thing, I almost never eat them. When someone in the family is looking for chocolate, I send them to the file. Consider yourselves Godiva'd!! :-)
Old 02-16-2010, 10:58 AM

Hmmm I have RA and tomorrow I go for my monthly infusion (Orencia). I wonder if this will affect my weigh in the next day. We will see won't we.

I am walking 1.50 miles a day and hope to keep increasing it. But went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and gained .05 ozs, overnight. Do you think it could have been that spinach salad I really enjoyed? LOL But I still stayed at the right points the whole day. Guess that dressing did it to me - but boy was it good. LOL

Carole
Old 02-16-2010, 11:02 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Hmmm I have RA and tomorrow I go for my monthly infusion (Orencia). I wonder if this will affect my weigh in the next day. We will see won't we.

I am walking 1.50 miles a day and hope to keep increasing it. But went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and gained .05 ozs, overnight. Do you think it could have been that spinach salad I really enjoyed? LOL But I still stayed at the right points the whole day. Guess that dressing did it to me - but boy was it good. LOL

Carole
Don't sweat it, Carole. I think you did great. Could have been salt in the dressing. Sounds like it was worth it. :-) Glad you enjoyed lunch with a friend. :-)
Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 AM

Our weight can go up and down. I've found when it goes up and I know I've been really good--it'll go down and then some.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by carolevidak

Carole
That's great that you are doing so well with your walking. I agree with Karla, that will come right back off. Just don't get to stuck on the daily ups and downs as long as you are making healthy choices in foods and are moving, you should be good.

Have you been on Orencia long? I also have RA, along with a couple of other types of Arthritis, but that was one of the drugs that the doctor mentioned, as well as humira(SP?) I take weekly injections of Methotrexate currently. Right now it is working very well. I am noticing a big difference in my joint aches and pains since I have been eating healthier and losing weight. How about you? I see my rheumatologist in April, I'm sure she is going to be very happy with the results I am having.
Linda
Old 02-16-2010, 04:29 PM

I am a big believer in Leslie Sansone's work outs. any one can get started with her and work your way up to more.
I went to her web site and see she has a walking club that helps to keep everyone motivated.
http://www.walkathome.com/index.php/...the_walk_club/
Old 02-16-2010, 04:32 PM

I have been on enbrel, humaria, remicade and they all stopeed working or didn't work at all. I have been on Orencia for about 2 years now and it is a wonder drug for me. I was at the point that I could hardly walk and now things are wonderful. It is also in my spine so I have back pain, but I can deal with that. Now we will see what happens with the weigh in on Thurs. Hopefully it will not have any affect. I have never checked it out before so it will interesting to see.

Carole