Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So I Just Thought I was Organized >

So I Just Thought I was Organized

So I Just Thought I was Organized

Old 06-03-2018, 12:25 PM

Just talking with a friend yesterday and we were discussing that objects hide all of the time. Suggested I use a notebook when putting something in a "safe" place, and her son suggested that I nail the notebook to the wall. Hehe!
Old 06-03-2018, 03:36 PM

These aren't fabric or quilt related but it's a huge mystery we haven't been able to solve. A year ago we received a drop leaf table that had belonged to my great uncle. Hubby has always wanted one so we passed my late mother's table and chairs to our son and DIL. Headed to the basement storage area to bring up my old favorite Windsor chairs. Only 2 were there. I know we stored all 4. We have never been able to find the other 2. This spring I wanted to bring up the tall oscillating fan for my sewing room that I stored in the basement. No fan! I think it's hiding somewhere with those chairs!
Old 06-03-2018, 04:19 PM

I’m taking a class on piecing a bargello quilt. I decided to use a focus fabric so got what I needed for that(1/2 yd). Then decided I wanted to use it for the border so bought the rest of the bolt. I’ve started the quilt and will need the extra on Tuesday. Can I find it? NO!! It’s gone into witness protection, I guess - along with 2 other larger pieces. Oh, well, I’ll ask St Anthony for help. He always finds things for me.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:56 PM

Made set of 4 placements last winter and set them aside until Spring. Can’t locate them now. Guess they grew legs and ran away !
Old 06-03-2018, 09:28 PM

It looks like I am not the only one that misplaces things. I lost 2 yards of fabric that I purchased from MSQS. It must have been in a plastic bag and got thrown out accidentally. Can also blame my kitty.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:45 AM

My entire quilting frenzy of 2018 was started in January because I couldn’t find a small clear plastic container. I was sewing a blouse for my daughter, using my 1949 Singer. When it came time to hem (I hate hand sewing) I wanted to use the blind hem stitch foot on my modern Brother. It snaps on to the regular foot base, which of course wasn’t on the Brother. I’d made quilted totes on that machine & use the walking foot. During the search I looked in a big box of my mom’s labeled ‘sewing,’ thinking that might be a logical place for me to have put that foot. While digging through it (I could have sworn I went through it when I first got the box. Mom died May 2005). Under larger pieces of fabric I found several cut pieces of purple fabric in diamond shapes. Her hand-drawn templates were also under there. No foot to my machine, but I now had a new obsession! I hadn’t made a quilt since the 2 or 3 I made in 2013 & 2014, but since I found those pieces, I finished making a lap-sized quilt & two pillows with them plus more. A lone star variation, a hike in the Wall I called Garden Lattice, a quilted wall hanging for a friend, 4 mug rugs, 2 table runners, & 2 tops waiting to be quilted! Whew! A week ago I FINALLY found the container with the foot & darning plate. Where? In my yarn area, under a big bag of yarn. That’s in a completely different room than my sewing things, so I have no idea how it got there. It’s a complete mystery to me. I found it when going through yarn for a specific skein someone wanted to finish a project. I was really glad to find it-I needed that darning plate to do FMQ on my Lone Star quilt! I managed to complete my daughter’s blouse months ago by borrowing her machine’s foot-we have the same model. But she’s also misplaced her darning foot!
Old 06-04-2018, 03:34 AM

I can't find my little red clips that I use to hold my quilt binding on. They are in a clear box about 3" square so if anyone finds them let me know. I've turned my sewing room upside down and they are still hiding.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I just gave my sewing room a thorough cleaning and now I can't find anything. Why is that?
Whenever I reorganize my sewing room I'm always going to the previous place things were stored. Must be habit. It certainly wastes time, even though everything has a home.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:26 AM

I bought a Juki 2200 qvp mini in September. I was given 12 pre wound bobbins and 10 metal bobbins. I want to use metal bobbins to quilt with. I can only find 1. Can find everything else that goes with the machine just can't find those bobbins so I'm using pre wound but they're not really the colour I want. I know they'll turn up as soon as I finish quilting the quilt.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:54 AM

I've been collecting items for a lap quilt for a friend who recently gave me a Singer Ultronic-II 2001 sewing machine. Thankfully I've been keeping it in a plastic bag as I'm owned (at least he thinks so), by a Moluccan cockatoo with an attitude. I searched for this fabric bundle for a week, before I found it behind my chair on the floor! He gets upset with me because when I'm quilting, I'm not cuddling with him or scritching him endlessly so he goes shopping through my stuff. Glad I found it undamaged!!