Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups end May 31st at 8PM pst >

June Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups end May 31st at 8PM pst

June Secret Pal Swap - Sign-ups end May 31st at 8PM pst

Old 06-21-2018, 03:29 AM

Default OMG.....look!

I love all the packages, and I am hoping mine doesn't make anyone else feel bad...but LOOK what my secret pal wbfrog gave me!

I said I was hoping to get "beachy" colored fabric so I could make a few makeup bags etc, for when we go on our trip to Punta Cana this fall....and look what I received! OMG! There's yardage of the most gorgeous island color batiks! They are fabulous!

Then, as if that wasn't enough, she stuffed it full of some Tonga Treat batiks, a cute pattern, ribbon, towels, stencil for actually quilting a finished item, and the cutest little eyeglass case.

Thank you SO much! I loved it all!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pal.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	596232  
Old 06-21-2018, 05:24 PM

Oh my goodness!
I received my SP today. (It must have arrived a couple of days ago!)
Everything is sew wonderful. I love the socks, pins, fabrics, (especially the mermaids)
the pattern is wonderful, and the dog treats (they're already opened!)
I love everything. Thank you sew much PamelaOry.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596266[/ATTACH]

Name:	IMG_0243.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	992.5 KB
ID:	596266  
Old 06-22-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Received my swap package from hav4boys today! A magazine, quilt marking kit, 15 patterns, a book, 3 different lovely fabrics, a sweet tin filled with clips, and a packet of decorative buttons! Wow! I love everything!

Many, many thanks,

Deborah (Gaijin)
WOW! Love all the patterns!
Old 06-22-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by kwyltaholic View Post
Oh my goodness!
I received my SP today. (It must have arrived a couple of days ago!)
Everything is sew wonderful. I love the socks, pins, fabrics, (especially the mermaids)
the pattern is wonderful, and the dog treats (they're already opened!)
I love everything. Thank you sew much PamelaOry.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596266[/ATTACH]
I’m so glad it made it, I was beginning to worry....it didn’t have that far to go.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:39 PM

Okay... we have a winner. PamelaOry sent the correct answer to the oldest quilt still in existence, The Tristan Quilt. A surprise is headed to Pamela.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596292[/ATTACH]Detail of the Tristan quilt showing a noble and a herald.

The Tristan Quilt, sometimes called the Tristan and Isolde Quilt or the Guicciardini Quilt, is one of the earliest surviving quilts in the world. Depicting scenes from the story of Tristan and Isolde, an influential romance and tragedy, it was made in Sicily during the second half of the 14th century. There are at least two extant sections of the quilt, one of which is displayed in the Victoria and Albert Museum's Medieval and Renaissance Galleries, and the other in the Bargello in Florence. A third quilt, also depicting Tristan and Isolde, but not thought to be part of the V&A and Bargello examples, is held in private hands. The Tristan Quilts are the only known surviving examples of medieval quilts.

Detail of a knight's hands and arms. Surface wear has exposed the wadding beneath.
The quilt is made from two layers of linen, stitched together with wadding in between. Backstitch in cream and brown linen thread defines a series of pictures with captions that have been brought into relief by inserting rolls of cotton stuffing to raise sections of the design. The stuffing could have been introduced during the quilting process, or because the backing layer is looser in weave, its threads could have been parted to introduce the stuffing; some elements are done using cord quilting.

Name:	178877416419126028z9hJkyR6c.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	596292  
Old 06-22-2018, 02:41 PM

I have posted July Secret Pal:
July Secret Pal Sign-up (Sign-ups close midnight June 30)
Old 06-22-2018, 03:24 PM

I received my package from Bullock2us-Ginger. I got my most wanted double seam ripper, a super cute tea towel, thread, pins, notecards, lots of fabric, a July 4th table runner and door hanger. I tried my picture of them and it doesn't like it here again on this site.

The pictures are awesome packages this month. I haven't been on much. I am hosting a quilting retreat in August, and an Ice Cream Social at church next month, Church picnic in September,and a fundraiser for my charity group in October, Thanksgiving dinner at Church, so I just have been covered up with things. I will probably be sitting out for a few months to just be safe and focus on all the things I need to get done. I will pop in and checkout all the goodies that you receive. Great group of gals!