In Hiding

Old 02-16-2010, 06:57 PM

no, no! you were the one holding up the bridge, right? :shock:

with one hand. and waving a quilt with the other. and smilng because you weren't at work. you know, the cute one. :lol:
Old 02-16-2010, 07:01 PM

Well, you made me think I could update my profile--hadn't done so since joining the board! I do enjoy seeing where people are from.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:16 AM

When I joined a few years ago the location was printed but recently I see most everyone's was done away with. I didn't have anything to do with making mine unknown
Old 02-17-2010, 05:10 AM

I agree with you moonpie it is nice to know what state or province someone is from I usually never anwer anything
in hiding jusy my thought
Old 02-17-2010, 04:32 PM

well, in keeping with what moonpi said, the angel would have to travel to mars to mail their package to keep their hometown a secret, since the post office does postmark them and we know how to read. how 'anonymous' can that be? if my package said central new jersey everyone with eyes would know who i was.
================================================

In another club (non quilting) I send my secret sister cards and presents by
sending them first to family who live far away, and unkown to them friends who travel a lot and can drop them off where they land!! Plus, there are online places that will forward letters if they are sent in an enclosed letter with a couple of dollars inside it. Haven't done that for 4 or 5 years, but it did work
well for me for one year, my SS was wild to figure out who was doing that!!
Old 02-17-2010, 04:45 PM

Are the Secret Angels being picked on?
It is all in fun. Let's not be "debbie downers"
here. I am going to pretend my Angelee does
not and will not figure me out. It's part of the fun.
I have attempted to contact members from my state,
when I posted it, was not recieved well. :cry:
Old 02-17-2010, 10:20 PM

When I joined I listed my state, New Hampshire, but when I respond in a forum my 'Location: in hiding' comes up.....
Old 02-17-2010, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i think that when new members join us they think that's a viable choice but then we don't get to know them. it would be nice to know where everyone is. there was a thread not too long ago called something like where are we from or something like that. admin put up a map of the world (i think it was he) and marked where people were from.
it was very nice to see right up front where in all the world we were. and surprising. now it feels as though no one wants to share that part of themselves. they'll tell you that they got a divorce, that their unmarried child had a baby, that they're very ill, but not what state they live in? duh!
Butterflywing---Not only do I agree with you, you are cracking me up with your wit and wisdom!!! I think it is annoying when you look to see where someone is from and it says In Hiding!

Ellen-Not-In-Hiding-Colorado
Old 02-17-2010, 11:33 PM

Personally I was just too lazy to fill this part out. I would like to know where more people are from too. I am near the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles County, California

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i can't help but wonder this:

why are so many members in hiding? can you at least tell us your state? why is it a secret? just wondering.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 PM

This is funny for me since all the mail in the areas around me (at least 10 towns-- but all connected since it is LA) goes thru postmarking up near Palmdale. I always found that wierd.

[quote=Ramona Byrd]well, in keeping with what moonpi said, the angel would have to travel to mars to mail their package to keep their hometown a secret, since the post office does postmark them and we know how to read. how 'anonymous' can that be? if my package said central new jersey everyone with eyes would know who i was.