2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-25-2018, 04:51 PM

Smaller house mostly. I would get rid of tons of other things before fabric but some of those pieces I've had for a long time and some of them were those "what was i thinking? " fabrics. We'll see if I get any more purging done or if I circle the wagon around the rest! After all I will have my own quilt room. Can't leave it empty. But anything to strengthen moratorium resolve is good considering my falls. A positive is I'm revisiting all my lovely fabrics as I go. Worse places to have to pack.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:14 AM

Martina- I hope your friend has a speedy recovery! I知 in agreement with others that this qualifies as helping your friend, not a fall off the wagon.

Ellie66- hope your move goes smoothly, sounds like you are having fun packing up your fabric!

I知 happy to report that I haven稚 bought any new fabric, but my birthday is coming up in about 2 weeks so I知 thinking hard about where/how/if tto use my exemption LOL!

Rob
Old 06-27-2018, 08:34 AM

Definitely qualifies. What a support.

Did not know about birthday exemption. Mine is coming up. Hmmmm

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Martina- I hope your friend has a speedy recovery! I知 in agreement with others that this qualifies as helping your friend, not a fall off the wagon.

Ellie66- hope your move goes smoothly, sounds like you are having fun packing up your fabric!

I知 happy to report that I haven稚 bought any new fabric, but my birthday is coming up in about 2 weeks so I知 thinking hard about where/how/if tto use my exemption LOL!

Rob
Old 06-27-2018, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

Oh yes, Darcyshannon, we are experts at coming up with exemptions.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:15 PM

I think I could make a quilt a day for the next ten years and not run out. Except for backing and again, I am not so sure.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
I think I could make a quilt a day for the next ten years and not run out. Except for backing and again, I am not so sure.
Me too! Tons of fabric, completely disorganized! I've been cutting squares like a crazy. Now I have containers full of thousands of squares and the boxes, bins, closet and totes full of fabric are still here. Yikes!! And, I haven't bought any, except for that sheet that I got by accident, since Dec. when I bought a few scraps.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:58 AM

Did you hear that horrific crash? That was me falling off the wagon.

June 21 was my birthday, and it was also the start of the Row-by-Row. So, what could I do except a shop-hop with a friend? We headed out to the first store (and hour away) and worked our way back through a total of 5 shops. I started strong! Picked up patterns at the first 2 shops, but no fabric. And a thread cutter pendant, but it was my birthday after all, and I've wanted one forever. Then we hit THE SHOP. Oh my goodness it is dangerous - almost entirely Northcott fabric, which I love. And right away I found 3 different ombre fabrics that I just had to have - and of course they needed friends. But I got a 20% guild discount, so that's something.

But that apparently opened the floodgates. Next stop - one fabric came home (friend picked up several, so I was feeling good). But the whole time we were shopping, she was inspecting fabrics for one-block-wonder appropriateness (is that a word?). And she sucked me in. I've made several already, but at shop number 3, just as we were leaving - empty handed - she spotted a fabulous fabric. She resisted - I did not. I told her I was buying it just so she didn't have to

But like I said - floodgates open. Since I came back, I've signed up on the Facebook one-block-wonder forum. And I've been hunting for more options - panels are an intriguing idea. And hence, one more fabric purchase, online.

Someone stop me!
Old 06-28-2018, 06:09 AM

Have had very few bumps this year so far. Just finished emptying under bed "scrap boxes" and cut them into sizes I can use in a few of my upcoming projects. Also cut binding for QOV quilts for next month's workshop. I will be looking for a quilt border as I do not have anything in stash that will finish this off. Thanks for this forum to help us stay on the path of stash management.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

Just a lurker's curiosity... Did anyone participating in this moratorium stick with the program?
Old 06-28-2018, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

Kristakz, u r good to go, girl. 1. Birthday exemption. 2. Hombre = neutrals (and everyone needs neutrals in their stash). 3. Fabric for a specific project = OBW. 4. Saving a friend from over-shopping. You need a metal for restraint. lol