Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Cooking for two 3qt instant pot recipes? >

Cooking for two 3qt instant pot recipes?

Cooking for two 3qt instant pot recipes?

Old 07-23-2018, 08:06 PM

I’ve had 2 stove top pressure cookers through the years and loved them. Keep the seal in good shape (replace if needed) and always be sure the vent pipe is not obstructed by holding the lid to a light and looking through the opening. I’ve never had a fear of them.
Theres just the 2 of us now and I like the 6 qt electric pressure cooker because I like to cook enough for 2-3 days. It gives me a few days off if I have leftovers in the refrigerator.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:33 AM

I would suggest cutting a recipe ingredients that is written for the 6 qt. or larger pot in half. I have purchased several cookbooks for this pressure cooker but the most informative and my favorite is "Instant Pot Miracle" (authorized by Instant Pot).

BTW, when I release the valve, I use tongs to open the valve and cover the valve with paper towel to avoid the splash - I learned the hard way too!
Old 07-24-2018, 06:21 AM

I did my research on the electric pressure cookers and purchased the 6-quart Instant Pot. The steam test was conducted yesterday afternoon. ;-) Did I say that I am happy to the moon and back with this appliance design??!!!!!

Cut the amount of the recipe for the 6-quart in half and follow the guidelines on the cooking pot container. You should be fine. Having grown up using the stove top pressure cookers from Presto and Mirro, this gal is relieved to be able to use the advances in appliance design: delayed start, timers, LED displays, and warm feature. I've done my share of meal preps and home canning, including teaching how to use the stove top cookers. Thanks for your postings, Quilting Board members.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:18 AM

I also have an instant pot and find these sites very helpful. They will help you to learn just about anything you need to know. I use a lot of their recipes and have helped me to learn how to convert my own recipes to use for the instant pot. Give them a try, I'm sure you will find them helpful.
https://instantpot3.blogspot.com/
www.Pressureluckcooking.com
Old 07-24-2018, 09:23 AM

Sorry, meant to also tell you that on www.pressureluckcooking.com site check out the part where he has all the info for how to use the pot, its also very helpful
Old 07-24-2018, 10:06 AM

Nancy, where did you find the recipe for the cube steak? It seems like something my DH would like.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:57 PM

DD and I made whole turkey breasts in the 6 qt. The turkey comes out very moist and juicy. (Can't remember how long it took, but I do remember that it was way less time than doing it in the oven). Drawback: the skin doesn't brown. I don't eat the skin anyway, so that is no big deal to me.

DD has also done corned beef in the 6 qt. Delicious!

Google for recipes.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
Nancy, where did you find the recipe for the cube steak? It seems like something my DH would like.
I found it on Pinterest . It was excellent, PM me if you can’t find it
Old 07-25-2018, 01:35 AM

the very first thing I cooked in my Instant Pot was cube steak. I put the steaks in, added onion, sliced bell peppers, can of diced tomatoes with the juice, a couple tablespoons of tomato paste, a couple cloves garlic. Don't remember how long I cooked it, but called it Swiss Steak and it was very good. After cooking, thickened it a bit with a slurry of cornstarch and water, served over rice.
Just another idea of how to cook cube steak. Now, I would probably brown the steaks before adding other ingredients. As I said, my very first use of the Instant Pot.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:03 AM

Nancy, I think I found it. This recipe uses a packet of onion soup mix but the rest of the recipe is the same. Thanks for the info. It's from sidetrackedsara site