Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Today only sale! >

Today only sale!

Today only sale!

Old 08-15-2018, 06:14 AM

Default Today only sale!

MSQC is having a sale on the EverSewn line of sewing machines! Oh, so tempting! Who has any of these? Good performers? Looking to replace my BL!
Old 08-15-2018, 07:12 AM

I recently purchased the Sparrow 30. I'm very pleased. So many features that you would have to spend much more for with other brands.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:15 AM

Geri, I don't have any personal experience with the Eversewn machines, but the price that MSQC is selling them for is normally the price you can find them machines elsewhere.

https://www.sewvacdirect.com/eversew...ewing-machine/

https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/sparrow-30.php

https://www.amazon.com/Ever-Sewn-Spa...ustomerReviews

Don't feel like you have to make the decision today because of the "sale price".
Old 08-15-2018, 10:48 AM

I've had a Sparrow 30 just over a year and I like it a lot. Originally I got it because I wanted something lightweight for classes but I've found it's better than my Viking for piecing. By the way, that price is what I paid for it last year, so it's really not on special, but they have free shipping today. Oh, and you might want to consider the accessory kit if you use a walking foot. There are quit a few shops that sell them now, so consider checking a LQS.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:28 PM

I have an Eversewn Hero, which I bought on Amazon, and I love almost everything about it, and most of the things I'm not crazy about are more a matter of personal preference. It is the best machine I've ever had, and I still am amazed at all the features it has for the price.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:04 PM

I have my featherweight up for sale and am now taking my Eversewn sparrow 30 as my travel machine. I don't know what Missouri star has them on sale for, but I bought mine on Amazon and shipping was free.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:11 PM

Thanks to all for the heads up on so-called sale .........and I will seriously consider purchasing one after the glowing recommendations. It seems it is a well made machine at a reasonable price...rare treat these days!
Old 08-16-2018, 03:27 AM
Power Poster

Geri, the last thing I need is another machine but at those prices and from what I hear they are tempting!
Let us know if you get one........ on second thought- don't let me know lol
Old 08-16-2018, 04:25 AM

I just bought the Eversewn Sparrow 30. I have 2 Featherweights, 2 Pfaffs, 1 Janome, and they all have pluses. The 30 has all the features I need and I'll cull the others soon. The only thing that is not working well is the thread cutter. I have a second lesson next week and will ask about that. I'm probably doing something incorrectly. One of the buttonhole stitches makes a "chunka, chunka" sound, but so did the other one being used in class. My Pfaffs make that sound on any stitch, so I guess it's just the way the parts work together. Overall, it runs more quietly than the other machines (except the FW and that noise is about the same). Lessons really aren't needed, but were part of the deal and included in the price, which was quite a bit more than MSQ company. The instruction manual is clearly written and illustrated. It's a solid, lightweight machine that does pretty much everything. I did by the quilter's accessory kit which includes the walking foot and that works very well.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:01 AM

yes! I forgot to say the manual is excellent. Manuals for anything are getting fewer and further between...most companies want you to download them. I can see the benefit to a companies bottom line, but I want a good manual.

my Janome feet fit it, it comes with a nice sized paddle foot, plus a decent surround, and did we say it's pink?

the extended warranty is reasonable too. I don't normally buy them, but the product is pretty new so I wouldn't be surprised if something turns out to be a little wonky in use. And I saved the packing and box. You are instructed to return them to Eversewn rather than a dealer. Perhaps because their aren't many dealers yet.

And I noticed my my last catalog Connecting Threads are carrying them now.

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 08-16-2018 at 07:05 AM.