Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you work on more than one project at a time? >

Do you work on more than one project at a time?

Do you work on more than one project at a time?

Old 08-19-2018, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

I admire those who can work on only a couple projects at a time...unfortunately I am not one of them! No I won't count them...who cares...I'll just keep plodding a way at them all. right now am binding a quilt...have to make binding for a completed top and then work on some of my projects from left overs. Have two major quilts I want to work on in between so had better get crackin'! I have not had much time to quilt this summer and it's been horrible, but now starting to get back in the groove. Good thing I sew at work a couple times a week. I hope to sew as long as I can and seeing retirement in the near future to be a good thing!
Old 08-20-2018, 05:01 AM

[QUOTE=Stitchnripper;8113298]
Originally Posted by rryder View Post

I also have a number of encaustic paintings that are in progress that I have to keep moving forward as they are committed ...

So yes, I am one of those folks who always has multiple projects going at once... I refer to it as having CPB (creative pinball brain).

Rob[/QUOTE

ive just started reading this thread - I don’t have much of a stash and usually finish what I start. But the thing that caught my eye is so have a friend who is an artist - doesn’t quilt - but I went to a demo where she showed the encaustic process - very interesting!!
Does she have a website? I always love seeing how other artists use them- they are so versatile! and a lot of fun

Rob
Old 08-20-2018, 05:30 AM

Absolutely! Once I retired six years ago, all bets were off. If I become bored with a project, its on to something new. With all my free time, I'm not necessarily making a quilt for a specific person and so finishing it immediately doesn't matter.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=rryder;8113773]
Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post

Does she have a website? I always love seeing how other artists use them- they are so versatile! and a lot of fun

Rob
Here it is!
http://kathleenlemoine.com
Old 08-20-2018, 05:54 AM

I am currently working on eleven projects. Some are pieced, some are hand appliqué, and one is machine appliqué. Some of them require my full attention and lots of decisions. The easier ones I take to my quilting groups.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:57 AM

I think I presently have a good 7 projects running right now, four quilts, two dresses and some freestanding lace fascinators that are going to be a donation to a non-profit to sell during their annual fund raiser. I honestly can't work on one project at a time, mainly owing to the fact that I run my at home business in my off hours (I work a full time day job) so juggling multiple projects actually lets me work on small portable parts of each project at work when I am on break.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:13 PM

All the time.. That's how I ended up with almost 20 UFO quilts. 2018 is the Year of the UFO. I've managed to get 7 completed and out the door. I mostly quilt for charities. Rarely for myself.. My kids filed a "Cease and Desist" order against me as they claim they have to many quilts now. NO more babies in the family so, sigh, I do for others.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:29 PM

Just finished three baby quilts and working on #4!!!! Two girls two boys. If they don't stop having babies I'll never get my other projects done.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:15 AM

I used to keep all my projects in containers in the trunk of my car. (I don't have a quilting space for my machine at home). I mostly scrap quilt. Recently purchased a new to me car and had to take them all out. Now I suppose I need to finish them-as the new trunk space is much smaller. I DO have a storage space for my stash in my home. I had twelve projects started, a couple were kits. Over 600 crumb blocks a huge pile of sting blocks, I don't count them as UFO's they are my mindless go to's when I need fabric therapy!
Old 08-21-2018, 03:35 AM

I am a one quilt at a time person - once I put something away and start a new one, I might as well throw the first one in the trash. Just ask my giant tub of sweater parts that will never ever become actual sweaters.
I do choose patterns that will challenge me and provide enough interest to not become boring.