Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I make copies... >

Can I make copies...

Can I make copies...

Old 08-31-2018, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mumto2 View Post
That makes so much sense. Hubby and I were looking at that printer the other day and he was appalled because they would know how much he is printing......and we are talking hundreds of pages a month. He loves his printer, gets deals on ink......black only. We have a separate color printer that only comes out of it’s box on special occasions. I walked away thinking it was a good idea just not for my husband.
Home based business prints up to a hundred copies very few days. The printer company doesn't care how much you print only how much ink you need to buy. My SIL has three of the 300 pages per month plans and rarely rolls any over. She works from home freelance and does a lot of printing for local kids groups for free.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:45 PM
Auj

Peckish had a good answer to the situation. I think Northcutt was very nice to offer that option - Once you download the pattern, you can do whatever you want with it - however, that won't be the case for all websites.

Just because there is no copyright symbol on it doesn't mean that there isn't a copyright. I teach elementary school technology and the children learn that anytime something is created (no matter what or who did the creating) it has a copyright on it. It is your personal creative work. If someone else takes it or copies it, they must ask permission to use it unless you have clearly stated on your work that they may copy it and how they might use it. I am glad that the person who started this thread asked for permission. She did exactly what she should do.