"Weigh In"

Old 02-18-2010, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lneal
I am going to visit my cousin today and she told me she had home made pecan pie when I get there if I want, as she knows I'm dieting. So I looked up the calories and for 1/8 of the pie it was 503 calories!! I will be passing on this offer for sure. Before I started dieting I would have had 2 or 3 pieces of pie in a day and I am amazed to think of the calories I was consuming in one day. No wonder I am here with 30 lbs more to go. Today for me it's about making right choices! Have a nice day girls.
Way to go lneal!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:35 AM

Good Morning, Today is Thursday and that means weigh in day. Be right back!

I have lost 4 lbs this week. Wow ! I am so happy, I have been eating right and walking, but you never know what that scale will say.

Today, I am going to a chinese restaurant with some friends and then we go pick up our block of the month. Okay, what is low in points at a chinese restaurant? I was thinking
vegetables. Any hints from my friends here?

Carole
Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 AM

Great job Carole on 4 lbs!! Not sure what would be low cal at Chinese. I think I would google to find out. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 AM

Good idea - I'll try it.

Carole
Old 02-18-2010, 08:51 AM

I think the egg?? soup is--I agree, I would google it.

Rose Hall
Old 02-18-2010, 09:14 AM

Oh my!!!! I thought chinese would be okay. Chicken and broccoli is 7 points, plain rice is3 which totals 10 points. That is 10 points just for lunch and that is half my points for the day. A vegetable combo is 6 points - maybe they will have that. Of course, I have to consider I won't it the entire thing so that will lower the points. Boy, this dieting is really work. LOL

Carole
Old 02-18-2010, 10:15 AM

Wow you guys are really doing great. I like how you're planning ahead-checking the calories and points before digging in and then regretting it afterwards. Good work!!

Ineal: the pecan pie would be real hard for me to pass up. You are my hero!!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:33 PM

Congrats Carole; 4 lbs is SO good!
Old 02-18-2010, 12:56 PM

Thursday is my weight in day too, but I only lost .4lbs. At least it was not a gain.
I have been using Leslie Sansom's Walk Away the Pounds and today after I had contacted them that the "fit cuff" that came with the Hips and Thighs dvd had broke and they are sending me a new one free. This had happened with the stretchy band with the three mile walk I had a few years ago and they replaced it too.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:28 PM

You are all doing so well, somehow, I dropped off, but I have been very busy both at work and at home. I am getting ready for a weekend retreat. They tell me that I am supposed to bring a passing dish. Do you think the other ladies will be disappointed when I show up with a bowl of all different varieties of apples. I am going to present them in a box with stuffing in the bottom with a bright piece of fabric over it to cushion them and to make them look a little more appitizing and hard to resist. I am also taking shrimp cocktail. I know that shrimp are low in points, the ones DH usually buys are 11 large shrimp for 1 pt. So that is a great snack.

I am happy to read about everyone's successes.

Carole: 4 lbs!!!??? Great! Amazing isn't that 2 weeks in a row?

Pats8e8: I'd go with deduct 5 pounds from my scale at home too. I mean we all need a break now and then.

Lneal, I don't think I would be able to turn down that pie. One thing I learned about pie, but I doubt that it would make much difference with this pie, is to not eat the crust, just the filling.

PurpleLeg, I mean Purpleman: Ouch! You poor sweet thing, but your attitude is so upbeat, you made me feel better. I'm sure the store was very interested in helping you with your medical expenses?!? Take care of yourself and enjoy your therapy. I am going to check with my doctor to see if I can get a prescription like that. Heal quickly.

I weigh in this evening. I'm wondering if the 2 pcs of pizza I ate yesterday is going to tell on me (I wanted 3-4). I also had a very small piece of b-day cake to help celebrate my GD's 4th b-day. I wanted two pieces but I settled for a small sliver.