Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 10-02-2018, 12:36 PM

Thanks I just can't seem to resist small pieces or fussy cutting.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Kass, when I was taking my blocks out of bags last night and saw the back of the one you made for me I just shook my head wondering how in the world you so so many tiny pieces to make such a pretty block! Im not good at working with smaller pieces. Love your Elsa blocks you are making..you must have the patience of Job'.

I had seen pictures of all my blocks and knew they were pretty but to see them in person was awesome...I have several blocks that I had never seen before so am going to research them. Now the hardest part, trying to figure out placement and sashing!!! Thanks again!
Old 10-02-2018, 01:44 PM

Ladies, I've had time to properly admire and drool over my blocks. I love every single one of them! I've left feedback for everyone, I hope. If I've missed someone, please let me know so I can include you too.
Janice, as always you are the perfect hostess. Thank you for all of your time and headaches you go through for us. I really do appreciate it. (Not to mention, you make beautiful blocks too!)
Old 10-02-2018, 04:25 PM

I received my blocks late yesterday. My friend and I put them on the wall today and played with placement. Quite exciting. Thank you all for a fun and educational exchange, especially a big shout out to Janice for coordinating this boom.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:44 AM

Kassandra, it’s so fun seeing the closeups of Elsa, amazing all the different designs you were able to get. The snowflake stitch is perfect for quilting the blocks, but they are so slow to sew out you must have the patience of a saint.

My sister had to put BIL in a nursing home. Sunday night he was combative, anxious and kept getting up and moving around without his walker. She couldn’t calm him down. Hospice said it is a stage he is going through and most likely it will get worse. Death isn’t eminent, latest time frame is 6 weeks to 2 months. Praying he doesn’t have to suffer that long. So glad I can be here with sis.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

Thank you everyone for the gorgeous blocks! I love them all... Mine were 100% on-size this time! Good job, everyone. Last night at my quilt meeting, we were told we do not have enough Christmas quilts to prepare to give for this Christmas (for transplant patients in hospital over the holidays). So now I will have a few more to give, once I put your pretty blocks together into lap quilts. People can get sad and feel left out when they can't be home for Christmas. A pretty gift quilt will make a few feel loved and remembered. Thank you.

I'm also looking forward to making up the Billi blocks for donation. Will show you when I get them done.

Kass, great quilt for your neice... she will flip over all those Elsas!

Terri, so sorry for what your sis and bil are going through. I'm sure you are a great comfort and strength for your sister. And bil is in a safe place where they can take care of him, 24/7. Your sis needs some breaks! Hope bil will pass peacefully when the time comes. Prayers for you all.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:22 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]602012[/ATTACH]GramE...look!!! I just came home from Joann's with the pink rose fabric you used in this swap, woo hoo!!! I bought everything left on the bolt and it came to 6 yards.

Had a great shopping day today at Joann's, they had a coupon for 70% off quilt batting so I bought an entire package of Warm and White. The batting is 96" wide and normally went for 19.99 a yard/the entire package being priced at $799.60 before the coupon. When DH saw this I thought he was going to faint. After the coupon it brought down the price to 239.88, a savings of 559.72, yay for me!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-162S.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	602012  
Old 10-03-2018, 12:19 PM

I’ve Seen that before but haven’t used it. It’s a great deal. I use flannel a lot for my quilt sandwiches. So i’m Guessing having him nearly faint once over batting was enough to ward you off risking it again by buying a machine?
Old 10-03-2018, 12:21 PM

That's a great buy Cheese. I love to go to Joanns with their 50% or higher coupons. That's when I usually buy cutters and blades and stuff like that. Its hard to tell if their fabric is "full priced" or on sale half the time but I do get some 108" with coupons!

SEW...so good to hear from you. I think its wonderful you give lap quilts for sick people. We have a group that brings us lap quilts about once a year for our residents and they like being able to change them out. Its sad to see the number of residents who get nothing from loved ones all year long. Someone asked me yesterday what I sell a quilt for and I said "never sold one"...I just give them for gifts or donation quilts. Im excited because I get 3 back this coming Sunday and taking 3 Christmas ones down to be quilted. My quilter, Audrey, has learned how to use the long arm since her husband cant and she said she thinks hes a little jealous because shes doing so good at it! LOL...Im just glad one of them can!

crazy weather in Mo 87 today tomorrow 61 with rain then back to 82 on Fri...is it fall or spring or winter? You never know in Mo!
Old 10-03-2018, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
I’ve Seen that before but haven’t used it. It’s a great deal. I use flannel a lot for my quilt sandwiches. So i’m Guessing having him nearly faint once over batting was enough to ward you off risking it again by buying a machine?
Ha! Didn't even go to look at the new machine today!

Joan, please send the cooler weather our way...pretty please? It's still in the 90's here and very humid with no break in sight per the weatherman. There was a nice breeze today so it was more tolerable.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:57 PM

All this shopping must be contagious... I bought the go! Baby set on amazon for 69.99 to try it out. I’m really eyeing the go! Big set that has the 12” Qube set with it....thinking about the next boom and being able to participate pain free and make more accurate blocks (or so they say).

Im alternating thinking about that with crying waiting to hear back from the vet hospital about Shaggy, one of our pups. He’s there with pneumonia and still no explanation as to why he can’t eat. I hope to hear something soon.