Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Where did it go??? >

Where did it go???

Where did it go???

Old 10-07-2018, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by LavenderBlue View Post
We don't use many packaged food items but one we enjoy now and then is the Original Kraft macaroni and cheese in the small blue box. I have not been able to find this original version recently. It has the straight macaroni noodles, not the usual curved elbow type. Can someone enlighten me if another version is really the same product but now using the curved noodles? Many thanks!
The Kraft Brand is the only boxed Mac & Cheese I'll buy. I've tried some of the "new" ones but they are greatly lacking in flavor. It seems a lot of my "favorites" are disappearing too. My "Del Monte Sweet Pickle Relish" is missing in action too. I think the food police are pushing an agenda on what we can eat...
Old 10-08-2018, 03:06 AM

Give Cracker Barrel mac and cheese a try, it's a little more expensive than Kraft, but we like it much better. There are several different cheese flavors.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:48 AM

Yes, our grocery store chain remodel ordeal is taking many things we like off the shelf. They took off Kraft deli Deluxe Sharp Cheddar cheese, 12 slices, not wrapped individually in a 8 oz package off the list. Have not found it anywhere else. Claimed I was the last one to buy it a month before, but I always bought all they had on the shelf!...when I had the money, usually the first of every month. My dh loved the original Mac 'n cheese, but has to cut down on it with his diabetics condition and it runs up his blood sugars.

It is a shame that the locally owned Hy Vee store has been in my hometown for years and years and now they are confusing all the hometown shoppers by moving things around, crowding up everything, and dropping many of our community favorites. They have dug up their parking lot (80%) to put in a new 'gas' station, remodeled the restrooms to be much smaller, their restaurant is being completely remodeled, laying off workers and rumored to be putting in automated cashiers to check out customers. And yes, we all are now shopping at our other two choices in my hometown. Yep, they have a new manager moving things forward...but not realizing how much they are losing daily.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

"change" does not always equal "improvement"
Old 10-08-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
"change" does not always equal "improvement"
Amen to that statement!
Old 10-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Power Poster

I'm not a fan of new and improved when it comes to foods I like but really Annies Mac and Cheese is very good. It doesn't make as much as Kraft in the box but tastes wonderful. I like the white cheddar one too\. All of Annie's products taste great.
Old 10-09-2018, 05:09 AM

I share your frustration with favored products disappearing! I always make mac 'n cheese from scratch, though.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:50 AM
Power Poster

I was in Walmart yesterday so I looked for the Kraft straight noodle box and there was a lot on the shelf. I also was in Harp's Grocery and they had the boxes too. At Walmart the boxes were in too different aisles. One where you think it would be and the other on the bulk family size package aisle. I think there were six boxes in one package.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:33 PM

Hubby and I like Homemade Mac & Cheese,,, LavenderBlue, I'm happy you found the Mac & Cheese you were looking for,,,Blessings
Old 10-15-2018, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

Walmart is changing things around and dropping some items I want to buy. We will be shopping at other stores. For most other things I love Walmart and prices.