Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Want the Taste of Fudge In A Hurry?  Like in Two Minutes? >

Want the Taste of Fudge In A Hurry? Like in Two Minutes?

Want the Taste of Fudge In A Hurry? Like in Two Minutes?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by sewgull
Chocolate is very bad for dogs, causes liver damage.
Vet said one M&M for a small dog can cause problems.
I have a sick little dog now, may have to have put down.
My heart just breaks thinking about it.
Oh no, will keep your dog in prayer. Good thing you posted this. Your faith may not be high right now but I'll cover you with my faith and we'll leave it in the Lord's hands. I believe your dog will recover! Praise the Lord with me and give thanks to Him all the earth for He is great and does mighty things. His greatness is unsearchable! He is the great I Am That I Am and ALL things are possible with Him. Just believe it and you'll see a miracle! God bless you for the info on the chocolate for the dogs also. I know now I'll not give him any more "chocolatta" as he knows it by that name. I know I have a miracle too because my dog is still alive and it never affected him! But not every dog is alike either. Hope you and your dog are lifted, healed, encouraged and ever better!

:thumbup:
Old 02-18-2010, 08:13 PM

I have trusted my little Ty, to God's care. I believe we are all God's creature. Thanks for caring.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:28 AM

So happy Roberta you are going to try and on Easter Sunday! It's a good reminder of how sweet the Lord is to us and the sacrifice He paid for all mankind at Calvary. I would give up television for Lent! In fact, there are many tvs here on cable but I rarely watch at all!! If I turn it on, it's something clean like the weather. That's about it. Let me know how you love it after Easter! Love your dog too!

:D :D :D[/quote]

I will do that and Hunter, the dog, thanks you for your kind words. He's an aging angel in disguise actually. He's helped me through some rough times. His "sister" is a sweetie as well.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
Oh my, and I just gave up chocolate for Lent. I'm printing this out and will have it on Easter Sunday. I thought about giving up quilting for Lent but seriously, 6 weeks with no quilting, I think not.

When I was in elementary school the nuns made us give up something for Lent. My choice was always beef stew, hated it.
Lent is 40 days long, count and you will find that Lent doesn't include Sundays!! The Sundays are exempt, or can be, of the penitence of Lent.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 AM

I've always kept Sundays in my Lenten sacrifice. I was watching a news show last evening that showed VP Joe Biden with ashes on his forehead. The British commentators were both asking if he was hurt at the Olympics, fell on the train, etc. They had no idea why the ashes were on his forehead and it broke us up listening to them.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
I've always kept Sundays in my Lenten sacrifice. I was watching a news show last evening that showed VP Joe Biden with ashes on his forehead. The British commentators were both asking if he was hurt at the Olympics, fell on the train, etc. They had no idea why the ashes were on his forehead and it broke us up listening to them.
That's funny about Joe Biden. You'd think the British people would know about the ashes, but then maybe they aren't Catholic or Episcopalian, 2 churches that I do observe Ash Wednesday and Lent. Want to hear something great? A friend in church is in the hospital and someone asked that the chaplin on duty to administer the ashes. She had ashes administered by a Jewish Rabii, How great is that!!!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 12:49 PM

my 8 and 5 year olds made this last night. we quadrupled the recipe and reduced the sguar by 1/3, and added a handful of` mini marshmallows to the melted butter.

soooooo delicious!!!!! we poured it in a greased 8x8 and then cut it in squares when it cooled. We ate it all in one sitting...
Old 02-19-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by happymomof5
my 8 and 5 year olds made this last night. we quadrupled the recipe and reduced the sguar by 1/3, and added a handful of` mini marshmallows to the melted butter.

soooooo delicious!!!!! we poured it in a greased 8x8 and then cut it in squares when it cooled. We ate it all in one sitting...
There are so many ways to doctor this recipe up! What a great recipe for children too! It's quick, easy and love the part that it melts in your mouth. Sometimes I make it daily for an after dinner finish! I never use wax paper anymore, the milk (which gives it a nice gloss) or use peanut butter in it (although that's good too!). I also never do it in patties anymore. Just eat it right out of the bowl -haha-a sure sign of a chocoholic!!! Guess I'll have to make it real quick while Bogey is outside and eat my pieces in secret from him since he always went wild over this recipe! ha. So glad you and your family had a cooking time together, memories they'll always cherish and delicious sweets to enjoy together!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-19-2010, 06:38 PM

Oooohhhhh! I'm loving this thread! And I've got an easy fudge recipe also!

Melt one bag of chocolate chips in microwave
When melted, stir in one can of chocolate frosting.

At this point you can put it in a buttered pan (I put aluminum foil in the pan and butter it) but I like to whip it a little, then add 1/2 c. nuts, let set one hour! Simply great!

This is also another one that you can lots to! Marshmellows, raisens, dried cranberries, use different flavors of chocolate frosting or frostings! Stand in the grocery aisle and go wild!

Enjoy!
Old 02-19-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by bjcombs2022
Oooohhhhh! I'm loving this thread! And I've got an easy fudge recipe also!

Melt one bag of chocolate chips in microwave
When melted, stir in one can of chocolate frosting.

At this point you can put it in a buttered pan (I put aluminum foil in the pan and butter it) but I like to whip it a little, then add 1/2 c. nuts, let set one hour! Simply great!

This is also another one that you can lots to! Marshmellows, raisens, dried cranberries, use different flavors of chocolate frosting or frostings! Stand in the grocery aisle and go wild!

Enjoy!
My favorite thread so far!!!!!! Love your recipe! Upon reading it I immediately thought of trying this but adding 1/2 bag of melted caramels to it with some cut in half pecans for texture! How does that sound?? A little more oomph added. haha. Okay, everyone, let's see your fast and scrumptious fudge recipes! Be our guest.....

:D :D