Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shopping Suggestions Please >

Shopping Suggestions Please

Shopping Suggestions Please

Old 10-30-2018, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
After reading Zozee's post, I wanna go too!!!
Zozee is talking about a different town in most of her post.
We went to Arkansas in September for a wedding and I thought of taking a side trip to Hamilton but I wasn't driving or navigating. (I just paid for the van as my part. I was happy to be able to ride along.)
Old 10-30-2018, 08:39 AM

I echo the comment of those who said go to the main store first and then enjoy the adventure. I just loved the place and I am quite sure so will you. Don't forget to visit the bargain/clearance section. I found some very nice material there as well. Have a great trip.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
Bbet - My husband is going hunting. Believe its smack-dab in the middle of the state. A tiny rural area called Little River. It is my understanding the closest larger town is MacPherson.
I live in southeastern part of the state, but have friends from Little River. Small world! Enjoy all of your trip.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:15 PM

My sister called me a week ago and asked me if I would like to go with her to Hamilton, MO. Her hubby will be deer hunting so we are also going (quilt) hunting. I am not looking for anything in particular but am sure I will find treasures. Can't wait.

Last edited by Karamarie; 10-30-2018 at 12:15 PM. Reason: addition
Old 10-30-2018, 12:51 PM

Oh, what fun! Sounds like a more 'sure bet' hunting trip than deer hunting. My husband and sons just came back from hunting elk and we will be eating chicken!
Old 10-30-2018, 02:05 PM

How Fun! Wish I could go there. The advice I can give is to purchase what you cannot purchase at home. I did this when I went to Hancock's of Paducah. I purchase neutral batiks, I am still using my neutral batiks. Happy purchase.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:54 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions. Was afraid of getting there and becoming completely overwhelmed by all the choices. Zozee, loved your story about the central KS area. Truth to be know, probably Alden Prairie Crafts might be a bit more my speed. If I get the opportunity, will definitely check it out. Toverly, like your advise too. Love looking at a fabric and remembering what trip I bought during.

Bbet - tell me your Little River friends' last name isn't Carlton...….. The world is crazy small sometimes!

Bibi - are the sales/clearance in the original store?

QPurpleDog - Love the crack about eating chicken. Frankly if I never ate game again, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. The thing is, central New York state is a really good place for deer hunting but nooooooo, we need to traipse all the way to KS because the animal is bigger. Night before last, a ten point came waltzing through the back yard. Could have said something sarcastic but in light of the MSQS detour, I bit my lip.

Thanks for everyone's input. It sure would be some kind of wonderful to be able to meet up there.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:10 AM

I think so but I am not sure, but if it is not in the main store just ask them there where you can find it.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:32 AM

What memories you brought back talking about Alden, KS. I lived in an even smaller town near by there, Raymond, so we would go to Alden to the "locker" where we kept frozen meat and garden produce since freezers were not a thing yet (early 1950's). Went back a few years ago, and the quilt shop there is wonderful. Can't wait to go again! Have a great trip.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
.... Won't mention the name of the quilt shop/village mecca as it might be against QB rules....
no, it wouldn't have. lol