Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Under or over the pillows? >

Under or over the pillows?

Under or over the pillows?

Old 11-02-2018, 02:40 PM

I put ours over as I have pillows with shams and some small pillows for decoration.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

I just finished a Log Cabin that I love and used a coordinating backing (which I rarely do). It's so pretty that I fold it over so you can see the quilt and the backing. I also have lots of pillows so covering them wouldn't work too well and I don't really care about it anyway.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:48 PM

The joy of my quilt ( and living along, so who cares) is that I just grab one end of the quilt, give it a little shaking and let it land on the bed any way it wants to. Most of the time it misses the pillows by a few inches. It's happy and so am I.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:20 AM

I used to put the spread over my pillows but now I put it under the pillow, lay the pillows flat down and then add the shams over them. Used to slant the pillows against the headboard but my kitty liked to mess them up so decided to save her the trouble and just leave them down. Now she doesn't bother them at all. GO FIGURE!!!!!
Old 11-03-2018, 07:19 AM
DJ

I have pillowcases that coordinate with my quilts. I put the quilt down flat, the sleeping pillows next to the headboard, and the pillows with coordinating pillow shams in front of the sleeping pillows (sort of hiding them). That way we don't have to take the shams off every night and put them on in the morning. We put the pillows with shams on the floor when we go to bed.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:44 AM

I always tucked it under and then over the pillows, but we used chenille bedspredes that were plenty long enough to do that. I I can only think of one quilt I've made that was long enough to do that. I think I get tired of piecing before it gets that long, and adds to the cost of getting it quilted.
So under.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Power Poster

I do not like the looks of the quilt over the pillows.

I put my pillows on top of the quilt and put pillow covers on the pillows. The pillow covers match my quilts. I make matching pillow covers for all my quilts I use on my bed. Just how I like my bed to look. My Husband and I am the only ones that see it most of the time.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:12 AM

Under, usually, with pillows on top. If the quilt is long enough, I fold the sheet and quilt over a little at the top. I try to have pillow cases that coordinate with the quilts. I change the quilt on our bed every couple of months to even out their wear and vary the look.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:22 AM

White bed spread over pillows. Shows off my quilts. Quilt is folded in quarters the long way and laid across the foot of the bed.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:24 AM

Fun thread. I make my bed in the same old fashioned bed, quilt or spread tucked under pillows and then over the top of the pillows. But, some of you make your method sound so beautiful that I ought to think about pillow shams and decorative pillows.