Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shopping Suggestions Please >

Shopping Suggestions Please

Shopping Suggestions Please

Old 11-01-2018, 08:02 AM

My sis and I went to MSQC a couple months ago. The stores were great and had a lot of stuff. Agree with others, get your pass at the main store, and be sure to get it scanned to get your Quilter's Cash, which you can use immediately. The items in the main store are smaller displays of what's in the other stores, plus lots of novelty items. Have fun!!
Old 11-01-2018, 08:16 AM

Have a lovely trip to MSQS, Jenny Doan does wonderful things and has the whole town jumping. Check her stores out on internet before you go, so you have a better idea where you want to go and her site does have a town map. Wonderful, friendly workers in every place I have been, very helpful, just ask. Food is good, too. Enjoy! You just might ''bag" more 'game' than your husband!
Old 11-01-2018, 11:49 AM

All of the shops are interesting but my very favorite is the "upstairs modern." I have to admit I could spend hours in Hamilton but my husband gets tired. As far as the food goes, I haven't been to the newest restaurant but it sounds very yummy. Have a good trip!
Old 11-12-2018, 08:56 AM

Hi Ladies - I'm back from the Kansas trip. Hubby was very successful with the deer hunting and I spent a lot more $$ than I should have on fabric I didn't need (I know, my point is...…). MSQC was a lot of fun. Would have been more fun with a quilty friend so that we could enable each other. We were there last Monday and I was done shopping in 90 minutes. All the shop store employees were very helpful and friendly with one exception and you'll always find one bad egg. It was a tossup between the Flower Shop and Primitives as being my favorite. Got some really good deals such as $5 a yard sales as well as two scrap bags under $5.00 each that had at least six gorgeous fabrics in them, no less than 1/4 linear yard cuts and at least two fat quarters. Lots of smiling customers. For that day, thought I maybe had come the furthest but a lady from Australia chimed in. Thank you for the advice of scanning in at the original store. Very helpful with the checkout in each store.

Thank you ZoZee for the mention of the quilt shop in Alden, KS. Friendly, salt-of-the-earth kind of folks. Husband of the owner and my husband were busy showing each other deer photos. The owner was rather flabbergasted but pleased that someone from New York would hear about and take the time to visit her shop. Was there no less than 90 minutes and came out with only 4 yards of fabric but the experience was truly a hoot but well worth the additional travel. Owner had never heard of QB and told her to check it out by all means. Good way to connect with good folks.

Oh, the Alden folks have a smart car completely covered with a vinyl quilt motif skin. Colorful, cute, great advertisement and they insisted I sit in it and they took my picture. You meet the nicest people when you are a quilter.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:05 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to KS and the MQSC!