Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you working on? >

What are you working on?

What are you working on?

Old 11-16-2018, 03:57 PM

I am finishing my Farm Girl Vintage quilt and have everything ready to start the Christmas Ribbons quilt that was recently posted on the Quilt Board. Gifts maybe next year!
Old 11-16-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
I need to quilt the borders on 3 sides of the Disney Princesses quilt I'm making for my grand niece. My DD will sew the binding on. Then I have to finish a BBQ2 i'm making a friend for Christmas.
Love to see a pic of your Disney princess quilt. I am working on one for a friends granddaughter right now. Lots if machine applique all done with my Rocketeer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	604110   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	178
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	604111  
Old 11-17-2018, 04:04 AM

I am working on a quilted bag made with 5 inch squares. I am doing a practice run first to see how it comes out.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:43 AM

Well I got those turkey fan curves done and waiting for Tuesday. It went a lot faster and easier than I thought, the ironing part especially was easier than I was prepared for. Today I went out and bought another piece of grey for the postcard/attic window blocks, really lighter than I wanted but I decided the pieces I already had didn't offer enough contrast. There was the perfect color in the poly blends but I just said no... The new grey is in the wash, I'll start cutting out the darker grey (which is really the previous "lighter" one) while it is going through the cycle. I've got no problems doing Y seams, I'll start by just sewing all the way through and then at small group I'll take out those last couple of stitches to give me my 1/4" opening for the Ys. First thing though is to double check my notes on how big to cut the grey pieces.

Hubby is home today instead of working overtime and watching college football. I don't have the multi-game endurance he does and so I'll join him for the Michigan game only -- go Wolverines! Next week is the big grudge match with Ohio State.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:58 PM

6 queen size quilts for family, (5 are done) 3 tee shirt quilts (2 at quilters as my machine drags over knit fabric, other one over 1\2 done) 6 pillows (5 done) 8 Christmas costumes( all done) 12 Christmas wreaths (done) 1 table arrangement (don't have a clue what I'm going to do).But all is good because this is how I roll.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:07 PM

Today, I worked in the yard/vegetable garden. My body keeps reminding me.

I think I'm closer to making an art quilt. Tomorrow will tell.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:33 AM

I’m working on my 4P’s quilt which stands for Julie’s Paper Pieced & Patchwork Palooza quilt. It’s consisting of all different 12” blocks, mostly paper pieced & all new blocks to me. It’s been a lot of fun & I’m learning a lot. I just finished block 20 of the 30 I plan to make tonight & started cutting the 21st.
I just finished the top of the 20th mystery train quilt here on this site & really like how it came out. That makes about 6 tops I have done now that need to get quilted. I had a longarm but was doing so badly physically I wasn’t using it & then financially I had to sell it because I needed the money. Now I have a “new to me” Bernina 440QE with a BSR that I need to learn to use to start FMQing now that I’m physically doing better.
I’ve also been making quilted ball ornaments that I started doing after signing up for the ornament swap here but now have been able to sell some locally & am making them for my family for Christmas gifts this year for the adults. I also have a panel to make into a wall hanging for my church for Christmas that I need to get going on too. I’ve got several UFO’s that need finishing that I just pulled out & started looking over, like a diaper bag that was supposed to be for my first grandson who’s now 4, but I have a 3 month old Grandson now that could use it. There’s also I purse I’ve started but I’m stuck on how to install the zipper so waiting for a sew day with friends for help on that, & I really need to make a Nessecary Clutch Wallet for myself as soon as I can. My daughter also was just given an old Singer 1950’s sewing machine & wants to learn to sew so we have plans for her to make a circle skirt. Busy busy busy is right! And I have 3 big plastic bins of fabrics along with patterns for already planned quilts, just need to finish the others before I jump into those. Oh wait, I forgot I have one quilt’s blocks all done but just need to add the sashing. There’s more I’m forgetting I know. I’m one that gets too excited & jumps into the next project before finishing all the last ones. It’s something I’m working on.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:08 AM

I've just finished a Minnie Mouse quilt for my granddaughter. A big Minnie print on the front, and crazy windows on the back (her choice).

Requested from a friend, I am now collecting bear patterns to make him a king sized windows quit.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:46 AM

I'm just a few hours away from finishing a throw quilt, so of course I've started something new! I wonder how many of us have to have multiple irons in the fire to stoke the creativity? I can *never* do just one thing at a time. Since it's practically December, of course my newest project is Christmas-y:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedIMG_20181126_203112_LI (2).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	604537  

Last edited by Cheshirepat; 11-28-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:45 PM

I need to come up w/a Christmas Gift for my Two SIL's...I'm thinking either makeup bags or Day Timer Quilted covers