Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 11-29-2018, 02:00 AM

You're working your magic again, Kass! That is going to be stunning. Lucky, lucky boy!

January Boom sounds great to me after all the holiday rush is over. Something to look forward to later on. I have my fabrics, just have to decide which one/ones I want to use this time.

Last edited by Libster; 11-29-2018 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

The cube quilt looks great, Kass. Another cool optical illusion.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:44 AM

Good morning, Boomers! So, thanks to some emails I received, your posts here and most especially my whacked out renovations plans, I’m definitely going to push Boom 22 back to January. Our reno plans have gone awry so my Boom plans have too. Anyway, no sign-ups until next year.

Just a heads up, I have decided to keep the doubling up if the situation permits and boomers want it. I will remind everyone of what can happen if a member drops out so it’ll be your choice. More on that later.

And one last thing, in Boom 21, I had difficulty with a person who badgered me with negativity. She must plan to keep her comments entirely to herself or not re-up. If you are wondering who it is, it isn’t you. She unequivocally knows so I won’t discuss it further. Let’s all consider this a good reminder though: No whining. No complaints. Constructive criticism only. Thanks, everyone.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:28 AM

Wow once again Kass, looking great
Old 11-29-2018, 03:32 PM

Kass -- those look soooo small. but terrific!
Oh Janice - I can't whine with my bubble suit on cause I can't reach my nose! Really sorry you have to deal with all of this - you always make it look so easy - and then to have multiple issues - --- thank you for doing it. Wish we could all come over and lend a hand with your reno - but you know we would end up talking and sewing and drinking and eating and no working!!
Old 11-30-2018, 11:02 AM

Lol, TG. You’ve reminded me I still need to buy stock in some bubble wrap manufacturer! If I’m making hosting look easy, then I’m doing something right. Lol. There are always issues but seldom are they very big. Missing piece of fabric here, packages getting detoured there, you know the stuff...but the beautiful blocks everyone makes usually make the problems seem much smaller in the end. And anyone who makes it to my neck of the woods, let me know. Even if you’re just passing through, I’d love to at least meet for a coffee or lunch, whatever! I mean seriously, look how well it ended up the last time I met a boomer! Oh, wait...hmmmm. Better rethink that idea. (OMGosh, I just joked about it... I must be way more over it than I thought.)

Happy weekend everyone!

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Kass -- those look soooo small. but terrific!
Oh Janice - I can't whine with my bubble suit on cause I can't reach my nose! Really sorry you have to deal with all of this - you always make it look so easy - and then to have multiple issues - --- thank you for doing it. Wish we could all come over and lend a hand with your reno - but you know we would end up talking and sewing and drinking and eating and no working!!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:48 AM

I was making a table runner for my DIL and didn't like the random machine quilting I was doing so took it all out then looked at the quilting sew biz did and a light bulb hit me. I got one of my hoops I use for hand sewing, put it under my sewing foot and used it for a quide of circles. It came out really prettier than the random quilting so Ill try it again on a small item like a table runner or wall hanging!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:54 AM

Great idea, Joanelizbay. Hope you’ll show pix.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I was making a table runner for my DIL and didn't like the random machine quilting I was doing so took it all out then looked at the quilting sew biz did and a light bulb hit me. I got one of my hoops I use for hand sewing, put it under my sewing foot and used it for a quide of circles. It came out really prettier than the random quilting so Ill try it again on a small item like a table runner or wall hanging!
Old 12-03-2018, 10:38 AM

I agree Joanliz, great idea and we want to see pictures.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Power Poster

Yay, JoanLiz. I think you've done some "ruler quilting" with an improvised ruler!