Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 12-13-2018, 05:13 PM

Kassandra hope you feel better soon. Not a fun time of the year to feel crappy
Old 12-13-2018, 06:41 PM

Glad to see some are still around and not hybernating!! Not much going on here in Mo. cant beleive its 12 days till Christmas. Shoppings all done except a gift card for great grandkids so mom can buy them presents..NOT a holiday fan, not my favorite time of year, esp with grandkids getting in their teens and only one little one. Have our Christmas party at work Sat, dinner for all the families that want to come. Have to make some mini cheesecakes for that. DIL wants some "oreo balls" to take to work with her.."things" to keep me busy till 2019 when the boom starts! LOL..Everyone have a VERY Merry Christmas!! And stay well!
Old 12-14-2018, 06:21 AM

Sister bought a manufactured home in Mission Texas for winters. She will be leaving Jan. 1. I have 4 kitchen garbage bags full of fabric for her that I destashed. Planned on going up there sometime this winter but now having to make a quick run up there to say goodbye and drop off fabric. Leaving shortly and going home on Tuesday. Not exactly great timing but life is full of surprises. Promised myself not to get stressed out but enjoy the season and so far it’s working. Hope everyone else is having a stress free time
Old 12-14-2018, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Hope you feel better soon, Kass.

I am just about done quilting the "Billi quilt". I put all the blocks into one large lap quilt. I know someone is going to love it. I'm donating it Saturday, so will have a finished picture for you all by then. We did well!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:04 AM

Kass, hope you feel better soon. I'm still coughing some, but it's getting much better.

Sewbiz, looking forward to seeing the "Billi" quilt. It still blows my mind that this happened.

I've been busy making Christmas candies. I have a "Grinch Sock Exchange" party to go to tonight. We take a pair of lady's Christmas socks and stuff them with lots of small things. Anything goes. We also take a "Grinchy" snack to share with everyone. I've made crackle-topped green cookies topped with a red gumdrop heart. I've also made some green-tinted white chocolate bark with crushed candy canes. Love that stuff.

Merry Christmas, Everybody!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:50 AM

Morning all. I've been missing you and didn't realize it until I started reading the updates. Thanks for the little push, Joanelizbay. Sounds like you'll be very busy until January!

Jaba, my condolences on the loss of your DIL's mother. I'm sure having your gd there helps both you and your DIL. Between you and your son, she knows she doesn't have to worry about Myla while she's gone.

Kassaundra, sorry to hear about your lingering cold/sinus infection. Hopefully it'll pass soon. I had the quad flu shot too but still got some other bug last week that knocked me down for a couple of days. Back to normal.

Terriamn, life does throw curve balls! Hope the trip doesn't mess up your schedule too much. Do you think you'll visit your sister over the winter? How good of you to share your stash!

Enjoy your party, Libster. Unlike you, I haven't made any cookies or anything sweet this year in prep yet. Once I make goodies, they start disappearing so baking early isn't an option. Sometimes I do make cookie dough, portion them out, and freeze before baking so I can just pull out a dozen to make at a time. I thought it was a great idea until I realized once my sons figured out there was cookie dough ready in the freezer, they were content to just skip the baking part and dive in. Sheesh!

And I'll be glad when that quilt is done SBG because I'd rather not see that name pop up many more times. While I'm mostly over it, and can now almost find a smidgen of humor in the situation, I'll be more content when the memory dulls even more. Well, time for resolutions is coming up and one of them for me will be to let that person fully go and move on with Boom 22.

Hugs to all. Have a wonderful day.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:08 PM

Hello – And Good Afternoon
Well my mother is here and settled in. We are prepared for DD and family’s arrival on Tuesday. Will be nice to have our four generations around the table again. I have been so blessed to know a few of my great grandparents, and had my grandparents around for my children.
I will be off the internet for most of the two weeks they are here. I want everyone to take a deep breath - --- yes now! And slowly exhale. Do that every hour and as needed inbetween. Don’t let the holiday craziness prevent you from taking care of yourself. It sounds as most of you are already planning for less stress!
Put my sewing machines away and cleared off the table. Prepared hexagons using I-spy swap charms and can hand sew them.
May each and every one of you and yours be healthy and have a roof over your head, food on your table and a quilt on your bed. Have a very enjoyable few weeks – make them peaceful as the night He was born.
(And yes Janice, we are only hurting ourselves not to let go of what others do.)
Old 12-14-2018, 08:10 PM

I have completed most of my baking and remember last year when I showed pictures of my kitchen cookie mess. This year I cleaned as I went and dh was blown away by how organized everything was. Told him to thank you all.

Janice don’t think it will work out to head to Texas this year, we will be in Mexico for 11 days in Feb. Then presurgery 10 day liquid diet. Followed by surgery and recovery. By then winter will be over.

Jaba also sending condolensces. Sorry I missed that.

Take care
Old 12-14-2018, 08:43 PM
Power Poster

Well Dunes... "All's Well That Ends Well". This is a beautiful quilt! We all did a nice job and a good deed, and have nothing whatsoever to feel bad about!

The quilt is 62" square, so I photographed it in halves. The left half:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605339[/ATTACH]

Right half:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605340[/ATTACH]

Every block was quilted differently.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605341[/ATTACH]

My favorite block... tho I forget who made it now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605342[/ATTACH]

It gets given away tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4564.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	605339   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4565.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	605340   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4566.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	605341   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4567.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	605342  
Old 12-14-2018, 09:41 PM

Absolutely beautiful! I’m sure whoever gets it will be blown away. Thanks for taking on the project. ��
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Well Dunes... "All's Well That Ends Well". This is a beautiful quilt! We all did a nice job and a good deed, and have nothing whatsoever to feel bad about!

The quilt is 62" square, so I photographed it in halves. The left half:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605339[/ATTACH]

Right half:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605340[/ATTACH]

Every block was quilted differently.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605341[/ATTACH]

My favorite block... tho I forget who made it now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605342[/ATTACH]

It gets given away tomorrow.