I need to VENT!

Old 02-20-2010, 04:46 PM

I've heard of other doctors doing this, but the fee was less. Our health care system is a disaster.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:47 PM

Good for you miss trupeach! And if your hormones are raging, you can also use evening primrose oil or black cohosh. I have scads of books on the topic of herbs and their healing agents,,and how to use them,,,I should read them as much as I try to read the Bible,,and will start doing that. Medical drs know we are uneducated in the art of medicine,,,but we had all start getting educated just so drs like this one won't take advantage of us. Meds are already too expensive to take for Pete's sake! I'm going to start small, b'cuz I'm new at gardening, but I WILL start growing some of my own meds,,,so neener neener on the drs who THINK they have us in their clutches,,and neener neener to these HMO's and other big conglomerates!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by kate59
Good for you miss trupeach! And if your hormones are raging, you can also use evening primrose oil or black cohosh. I have scads of books on the topic of herbs and their healing agents,,and how to use them,,,I should read them as much as I try to read the Bible,,and will start doing that. Medical drs know we are uneducated in the art of medicine,,,but we had all start getting educated just so drs like this one won't take advantage of us. Meds are already too expensive to take for Pete's sake! I'm going to start small, b'cuz I'm new at gardening, but I WILL start growing some of my own meds,,,so neener neener on the drs who THINK they have us in their clutches,,and neener neener to these HMO's and other big conglomerates!!!

Thanks for the tip however I know about the evening primrose, I am sooooooo allergic to it I almost ended up in the ER a few years ago after taking it. Black walnut is also good but I am allergic to nuts too.

It is pretty surprising in a good way that so many young woman now have mid-wives as opposed to ob/gyn's. If you know me then you know I do EVERYTHING and I mean everything from a different era. When people put up (canned)their garden vegetables to have for the winter and made their own cloths a time......... Gone with the wind. hehehe I love the CW
Old 02-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

He sounds like a quack! :thumbdown:
Old 02-20-2010, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
That can't be legal. I wouldn't just find another doc I would call the district attorneys office where this doc is located. He claim he will only have a certain amount of patients how does anyone know that is true? You don't, he could get all this money up front and take off to Guam or someplace and everyone would be out the money. I SAY TURN THIS GUY IN. Wouldn't you feel terrible if you didn't and 6 months from now find out he ripped off all these people and you might have been able to stop it. Once again I would call the DA's office.
Take off to Guam? The health care is no better than anywhere else. Actually, the hospital here is operating in the red. It's out of bed daily. People are "admitted" to the hallways.......
Don't know why he would come here. Most people when they need anything simply done, they fly to the Phillipenes, much cheaper there. But, then again, you never know....he might come here and do the same thing. People here would practically kill for good health care.
Ok, I digress.....I know that's not what you were implying.

I'd find another doctor ASAP!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 PM

I just read something recently talking about this as a new practice. The article(I think it was online) said that some doctors are dong this in anticipation of the expected change in health care in the US. They feel it will be the only way they can make a living. In this article it talked about "buying in for a fee" and then you would be entitled to so many minutes per visit compared to people who did not buy in.

Margie
Old 02-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
That can't be legal. I wouldn't just find another doc I would call the district attorneys office where this doc is located. He claim he will only have a certain amount of patients how does anyone know that is true? You don't, he could get all this money up front and take off to Guam or someplace and everyone would be out the money. I SAY TURN THIS GUY IN. Wouldn't you feel terrible if you didn't and 6 months from now find out he ripped off all these people and you might have been able to stop it. Once again I would call the DA's office.
Take off to Guam? The health care is no better than anywhere else. Actually, the hospital here is operating in the red. It's out of bed daily. People are "admitted" to the hallways.......
Don't know why he would come here. Most people when they need anything simply done, they fly to the Phillipenes, much cheaper there. But, then again, you never know....he might come here and do the same thing. People here would practically kill for good health care.
Ok, I digress.....I know that's not what you were implying.

I'd find another doctor ASAP!
I wrote the doctor could take everyones money and take off for Guam meaning he will go to Guam and the people that paid him will be out the money and have no doctor. :shock: :shock:
Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 PM

This is not the exact article I read but it is similar in describing what is happening.

[/url] Click here: Blue Cross dropping concierge doctors | On Call with Stacey Singer
Old 02-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Power Poster

Well, this fella certainly has no self-esteem problems, does he! Well done on bailing out...voting with your feet is often the best way.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:12 AM

I wrote the doctor could take everyones money and take off for Guam meaning he will go to Guam and the people that paid him will be out the money and have no doctor. :shock: :shock:
I understood what you meant.

I just think it's sad that some docs are this way. Medical care is no longer about the patient, it's about how much money they can make.